1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 760 308 carbine value?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by LUGNUTZ426, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

A neighbor is selling an old 760 Carbine pump in .308 it is well used. the stock has numerous dings and scrapes. the barrel has a scratch which is rusting.
    the receiver has a scratch and bluing worn on most edges. Has a 3x9 bushnel with a folding mount. any idea what it is worth? I looked all over online and have not found one in .308 to compare to. Lots of 30.06 out there.

thanks

joe

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Blue Book # 29 says $275.00 for a 70% gun and $250.00 for one in 60% condition. The 760 CDL (checkering, grip cap and sling swivels) carbine will be about $25.00 higher. In the shape you describe the scope and mount won't add anything significant.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

thanks Doug

4. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That price sounds about right, but Blue book value is not the end all for value, and are just a guage to start a value. It's what they are selling for currently and the demand that really makes the value. A used rifle like you describe, although useable, would probably sell for $200 plus fees at my local auction hall. I wouldn't go any higher myself. Between neighbors, I think $175 would be better. I always consider the resale value and one like you describe would be a tough sale for any more money. It's just a basic pump deer rifle. They're inherently accurate, but nothing special. Scope is basic, and doesn't add any value. With the condition, it's a good knockabout gun for big game when you have to crawl through brush, when the weather's bad, or for the first time hunter.

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

It would be worth a little more than a similar 740 semiauto as the 760s have had fewer problems but pull the forend off and check for rust and pitting on the magazine tube and action bars, also inside the receiver as these things are "open" to the elements more than bolt guns. Also check the magazine lips for dings and bends, see that the mag spring is free of binding.
    I'd go along with the 175 to 200 range in the condition described, if the insides check out o.k. Bore o.k.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
760 308 carbine

760 carbine for sale

remington 760 308 carbine for sale
remington 760 308 for sale

remington 760 carbine 308 for sale

remington 760 carbine 308 value
remington 760 carbine for sale
remington 760 carbine value