1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 700 .30-06 stnls barrel w/ muzzle brake

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by justanother99, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

BRAND NEW, never fired Remington 700 barrel, stainless, .30-06 with a stainless muzzle brake. Just changed my mind after I bought this gun and had it rebarreled before I fired it. The muzzle brake alone was $175, would like $300 shipped for the barrel. Here's your chance to get a brand new barrel with a muzzle brake for a fraction of the price!

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

How about posting a picture? Where did you get the barrel? Length and who is the manufacturer?

Thanks and regards from Iowa

Gene

3. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I'll get pics. It is a factory Remington barrel, made by Douglas (they make all of Remington's rifle barrels) and it is 24". As stated before, I bought this gun brand new, but ended up rebarreling it for another caliber instead.

4. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Who on earth led you to believe that Douglas makes remington 700 barrels? Somebody may have confused the fact that Douglas used to make Varmint barrels for Ruger. Remington makes remington barrels. Jeff

6. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Really? Why is it that Douglas makes the barrels for the Sendero? Why is it that when you look on their website, they have all of the Remington contour information? A former engineer from Remington is where I got my info, so I'd say it's reliable...

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Shilen and others also offer Remington factory contour barrels but I don't think that means they supply Remington with barrels.

You see if you offer an aftermarket barrel in the same contour as the factory barrel it will fit your factory stock without any modification. Make sense?

8. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Makes sense, and since there is a question as to who the barrel is made by we'll go on the assumption that it's a factory Remington barrel. At any rate, it's a good deal for someone who is doing a conversion or needs to rebarrel a gun.

9. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Really? Remington take off barrels go from $35 to $100 on the rifle sites like 6MMBR. Benchrest grade blanks are available from all the custom makers in the $300 range. A sporter grade blank is available for even less. A gunsmith will have to fit and headspace it regardless. Not meaning to be combative--I'm just a rifle guy trying to figure out trap.

10. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Really? Brand new Remington stainless barrels for less than a $100 with a brake on it? If the price is wrong or out of line, make an offer...I'm a reasonable person.

11. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM sent. No offense meant.

12. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

No offense taken at all.

13. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

He is right about barrel prices-

Factory take offs are a different animal- you dont get much for them

Normally adding a brake and selling the barrel does not increase value- in fact any modification usually decreases but obviously it is your barrel- price it the way you want

If this is a fluted sendaro barrel though it will be worth a few more bucks

Were you going to post a picture of the barrel and what is the length without the brake

Thanks

Gene

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All the larger afyter market barrel makers sell a remington varmint and Sendero contours. The Remington 700 is one of the most used platforms for after market mods. There is nothing wrong with a 700 barrel with a brake. A buyer with a little knowlage can buy the barrel, the brake, and have it installed for less then 300 dollars easily. Jeff

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

I don't think you mentioned what brand of brake it is, one of the well known brands would add to the value despite what some say. Of course this would be if someone wanted one to start with but a threaded cover can always be substituted and almost invisible. Threaded muzzles are very important to some shooters.

16. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The brake was made by Harell Precision and it's 32TPI so another make could be installed.

17. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

Kinda funny, Gene. I'm in a state of equipoise. When you're selling a rifle with a muzzle brake it's worth more. When you see one for sale, it's worth less. I'm all for buying low and selling high, but sometimes it's better to remain quiet.

This bbl is worth what someone is willing to pay, no more and no less. Brakes are so common today that I hardly think that they detract from the value of a bbl, unless you have one on a caliber that doesn't need it, in which case you are only gaining noise.

18. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Bridge too Far

This is not selling a rifle with a brake- this is selling a takeoff barrel with a brake

If take off barrel go for between 35 and 100 dollars as another poster stated ( and he is right by the way- for new take off barrels) then adding a brake particurally a cheaper one like this is only going to detract from the value

Two different things- selling a takeoff barrel from a sporter rifle and selling a bull barrel with a muzzle brake and a 40X

Brakes dont make a rifle more valuable btw unless someone has a reason for one- like on a varmit rifle so you can see the point of impact. And certainly you dont have to agree with that theory- but I will tell you I had no less than a dozen people trying to buy the rifle I was selling with a brake on it

A picture and the length of this barrel would help and an answer to the question about what is the length of the barrel with the brake and without as well as- was the barrel new when it was taken off-- so is it 24 inches with the Brake and thus 22 inches without for velocity purposes or is it 24 inches without the Brake

Regards from Iowa

19. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

It is 24 inches without the brake. If you are interested, e-mail me and I will send pics out. Nothing is carved in stone, so if you are interested, make an offer...no reasonable offer refused!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
30 06 remington 700 comp barrel

721 muzzle brake

remington 30 06 muzzle brake

remington 700 30-06 barrel

remington 700 muzzle brake 30-06

remington 700 threaded barrel 30-06

thread muzzle on remington 700 sporter

threaded remington 700 barrel 30-06