1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 541 J Lew Horton Special Curly Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kenf, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Anyone know of where one of these could be located? The guns were a special run of 500 done by Lew Horton in the 90's with curly maple stocks as opposed to Walnut.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

I don't know about a lew Horton special, But I have one like this.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Gun%20stuff/?action=view&current=My541S001.jpg" target="_blank"> My541S001.jpg </a>

Nope, it's not for sale.

Jim

3. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

Those were great rifles. Loved Green Tags (CCI) but I hated the magazine.

4. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Jim,

That is a Lew Horton. If its not for sale, does that mean you are giving it away?

Beautiful gun and I have heard the complaints about the 547 mags. I hear a 77 mag will work pretty good in them.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

Nope, It's a keeper It'll shoot sub MOA all day with several different kinds of ammo. Haven't had any mag problems. You would need a good pickup to haul all the squirrels I've taken with that gun.

Jim

6. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

0   0   0

My father has one but its a 541S custom I think. It is a great shooter. Hope it will be mine someday. Its fun to shoot. Tim

7. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

That is one sweet stock! I remember Remington having a maple stock on some 700's back around the 90's or so. The only catch was the checkering was REAL dark and looked rather funky against the light maple.

Keep an eye out on gunbroker for one. It's your best bet.

8. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

In regards to the 541 curly maple stock Lew Horton had around only 250 rifles made. I would also like to have one. I do have a 541T that has been test fired only and so far have been impressed. There are also Remington 552 and 572 rifles produced with curly maple stocks I believe in 2004. I think the run on them were 500 rifles but not sure. A 552 curly maple NIB just sold on Gun Broker for around $650.00.

9. TomB

TomB Member

0   0   0

In case anyone's interested after having seen this, I have a 541T with walnut stock,sporter weight that I'm willing to sell. TACKDRIVER !! Less than 200 rounds shot. Tom B

10. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have a 541S so sweet, made a few good shots my self. my mag is flimsy and if it breaks, I'll have a single shot that is not that easy to load. Thinking we are gradually getting further away from the manufacture date and magazines hard to come by. The tread from kenf says: I have heard the complaints about the 547 mags. I hear a 77 mag will work pretty good in them.
    Could you fill the blanks, what and where is a 77mag??
    hilarry7@hotmail.com
    thanks
    Larry

11. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Larry,

Many of the guys still shooting the 541 rifles are using mags from the Remington Nylon 77 that they are buying from Midway. I'll see if I can E-mail you the conversations.
    Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lew horton 541
remington 541 curly maple for sale
remington 541 maple sale

remington 541 t curly maple

remington 541t lew horton year made
remington 541t maple gun stocks
remington 572 maple for sale

remington 572 maple stock sale