1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 540xr rifle questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doug Brown, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I just bought a Rem. 540xr rifle. It has a Redfield peep sight & some kind of palm hold with a short sling attatched to the rail. Don't know as I need these accessories as I'll put a scope on it. Are they worth anything? Thanks

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If it's a redfield Olympic and you have the matching front sight with the inserts It could be worth a few hundred bucks.

Jim

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Sounds like a position rifle like I use to shoot6 back when I was in the service. If it has the redfield olympic sight, you don't need a scope.
    Sonny

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The 540XR was the youth version of the 540X. Same everything except the shortened stock.

5. finger

finger TS Member

Doug: If you want to sell the sights I'd be very pleased to chat with you. They are not rare but pricey...in the range of a few hundred dollars. Drop me a note at xxfinger@goeaston.netxx Drop the xx's both ends. bob finger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
540x 540xr difference

how old is my 540xr remington rifle

remington 540xr

remington 540xr parts