1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 40-X

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kenf, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Looking for a 40-X in either 22-250 or 220 Swift. Prefer a wood stock with blued receiver and stainless barrel. PM if you have one you're thinking of selling.

2. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

btt- doesn't necessarily have to be blue/stainless/wood

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

0   0   0

I have one with a Lilja stainless match bull barrel, single shot action, McMillan bench rest stock, Remington 2 oz. competition trigger, Leupold 6.5X20 scope boosted to 14X35 by Premere Reticles. It's in 22-250. It's very accurate and I have already developed a load for it and have over 500 cases, about half already loaded with 50 gr. Nosler Ballistic tips.

Mark Zauhar, Markz@pride-eng.com

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That sounds like a nice shooter Mark, what do you use it on, or is it just for paper?

Rick in Mt.

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

ric, I've got one in 30-06. Even with lousy ammo the thing shoots 1/2 inch holes from 100 yds. They do seem to be going up in price too. Jim

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

0   0   0

I used it for Praire dogs. Of course, it worked great. It is set up weighing in at 19 pounds so I only shot off a bench with it. The scope is a bit high power to shoot any way but off a bench. The action was trued and the barrel was chambered with a tight neck. I have a sizing die that was made from the chamber reamer that I used for neck sizing with a wilson neck size bushing. All the cases have been neck turned, primer pockets reamed and flash holes deburred.

I would let it slide in the bags when I shot it with only my trigger finger touching the gun. Even then it did not jump off the target when fired even at the highest 35 power scope setting. That way you get to see the dramatic effects of the Nosler Ballistic tips. It is something the animal rights people would have a field day with.

I quit shooting the dogs a few years ago making the gun sellable. Oh, I also have a few thousand bullets, primers, and powder available to go with it if wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.