1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 332 info.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by over the hill, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I am curious about the Remington 332. Was it made by or for Remington?

Im familiar with the 32 and 3200 but know little about this one.

Thanks Regards Gerald

2. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAVE ONE. IT WAS MADE UP TILL LAST YEAR AT THE ILION CUSTOM SHOP. GREAT FOR
    SPORTING CLAYS. SIMILAR IN DESIGN TO THE PEERLESS, BUT MUCH EASIER TO TAKE APART. NOT A GOOD CHOICE FOR TRAP AS IS A LITTLE LIGHT. SIMILAR STOCK CONFIGURATION TO AN 1100. MECHANICAL TRIGGERS NEED TO BE LIGHTENED UP FOR TARGET WORK.

3. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I have examined a number of 332's. They were made by Remington in the U.S.; they are the last U.S. produced Remington o/u.

They are similar the Remington Peerless that I bought new in 1995, though they had some improvements;

- better fit/finish

- redesigned camming surfaces for the cocking rods

- no false side plates

...to name a few.

Though they were intended as a field gun, the 332 had stock dimensions similar to a lot of sporting clays guns (same as the Peerless had).

The 332 was introduced in 2003 and production was cancelled in late 2006/early 2007. So they were only made for three years, likely in limited quantity. I don't think they marketed it very well, they spent a lot of time comaparing it to the M32 (action is nothing like the 32), a gun which most average shooters have little or no experience or knowlege of these days, intead of just selling it for what it was.

If I owned one today, my concern would be, if the gun were shot a lot, that this is a short production run with relatively few made and parts may soon become an issue. Maybe not a problem for a hunting gun, it might be for something that fires 5,000 to 10,000 shells/year at clay targets.

I used the Peerless for recreational skeet and skeet leagues (trap is my main shooting activity so I don't use a dedicated skeet gun for skeet). I had no mechanical problems with the Peerless but it sounds like some owners did. The gun worked very well for me on skeet and s/c's but I tried it for a few rounds of trap just for kicks and giggles and it did not work out too well; this is not unexpected, they were not configured for trap..

I like my 870's and 1100's but it seems o/u's are to Remington what the U.S. made autoloaders were to Winchester in the time between 1900 and 1985. Either failures or guns like the 3200 and Super X1 that were made for a number of years in relatively small quantities and became more popular after they were discontinued.

I expect the Peerless, 300 and 332 o/u's will drift away and few will remember them in a few years.

In April 2007, I traded the Peerless off for a new Citori 12g Lightning over my concern on parts availability in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
last year of the remington model 332
remimgton 332
remington 332 problems
remington 332 shotgun years made
remington 332 sporting

remington 332 sporting clays shooting