1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GKret, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GKret

GKret TS Member

Hello All, I'm a new member to Trapshooters.com I found the site while looking for information on the web about my Remington 3200. I bought my Trap gun new in about 1983, I shot about 200-400 round a weekend until we started having children. 27 years later, childern grown, I've decided to take up the sport again. I've read a thread on this forum discussing the recall of the 3200 and repairs that were made by the factory. Having been through the Rip Van Winckle syndrom I was not aware of the recall. My 3200 is in great shape with no evidence of cracking anywhere. I was wondering if the repair is necessary and if there are any safety issues I should be aware of when shooting.

Thanks

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Call Laibs - and talk to him about the gun. He will correctly answer all your questions.

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

If you bought yours in 1983 it probably came with the updates already done. Look just below and to either side of the lower firing pin. If you see an allen head screw set in flush with the face of the receiver then the update was done.

Gary0920. If you find the updates are not already in place, call Laibs. They will give you a straight answer and it is not the same one that many on this site will tell you. I made the call myself.

4. GKret

GKret TS Member

Thanks very much for your replies. Can you give me more information on Laibs so I can call i.e. Phone number, email and who this person is.

Thanks

5. chazbodazz

chazbodazz Member

Pat Laib in Wisconson aka Laibs gunsmithing I think as it has been along time. Dial 411 or google should find the number. Charlie Gallagher

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Laib's is 320-796-2686 Minnesota

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Talk to Tom Fox at Laibs, he will give you a straight answer.

8. trap906

trap906 Member

say, does anyone where I could find a 32" single bbl. for a 3200? Mine, like most is a 30" o/u, which I like fine for singles and boubles, but would like a longer single bbl. for HDC. even a set of 32" o/u bbl. would work.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Look at the serial number if it has a period stamped in it it has been up dated.It is on the bottom of the reciever in front of the trigger gaurd.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.