1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 Value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DocJim, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

Could someone please give me the wholesale/retail value of a 3200 trap model? 30" barrels. Monte-carlo. Condition is excellent. Updates have NOT been done. Thanks very much.

AJ

2. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

Once you have a value I have a friend that is looking for one for a doubles gun. Send pictures and price and I will pass on. Also, I have a 390 gold sporting that I would trade for it if you are interested and then I could trade it to my friend for one of his trap guns.

Travis in NC

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, updates not bring done SEVERELY impacts the value of the gun. In your case, it cuts it by close to half, as the updates last time I saw would run you $500 to have done (that was a few years ago, probably costs more now), then you'd have to find someone willing to spend the time to have it done. I'm going to say $600 to $700 in close to NIB condition.

4. skeet_man

My cost to update may have been low, I'm seeing a post on SGW from back in 07 quoting $700 to have Laibs do the updates. Given that, the value of your gun may be in the $400 to $500 range.

5. bbdanging

bbdanging TS Member

Purchased a 30" comp excellent cond for $1200. Updates from Laibs about $600 without bushings in receiver.

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The answer is - purely - it depends.

The updates are not needed (and are unimportant) unless they are needed.

If you're going to shoot the gun and try to wear it out ... <i>... IF THE GUN IS IN GOOD ORIGINAL SHAPE W/NO EXISTING ISSUES ... </I> buy it for 800-1000-1200 and shoot it for the next 30 years.

The issues with the 3200 are a pretty minor design flaw, and users exploiting the flaw by over-torguing the stockbolt.

The very best PM you can do for 3200 that does not have issues is to glass-bed the head of the stock.

Bob

7. skeet_man

Bob- Why would someone pay that much for a gun that doesn't have the updates, when they can get one that does for the same $?

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Hi Ian,

If you are buying with the assurance to sell/trade, shortly, of course your question is germane, and you shouldn't.

If you are wanting a no-grief 100,000 cycle trap & sporting gun, there it is.

I turn regular 3200s into a serious-purpose HD waterfowl gun, and I'm always looking for no-dots for less than $800. Unless somebody is pressed for cash, they keep them.

If you know where some are, let's talk.

Bob

9. skeet_man

Here's a 30" no-dot for $900

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=257577710

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Seller calls that a Special Trap. I don't think it is. Flat rib barrel and "original buttplate?"

Looks like a nice gun worth the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
3200 remington shotgun value
how much is a remington 3200 shotgun worth
how muck is a remington 3200 shotgun worth

remington 3200 special trap shotgun value

remington 3200 trap value

remington 3200 value

value of a remington 3200

value of remington 3200 shotgun