1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 3200 upgrade info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

OK the seach feature is not giveing me any info. I just get a Title of a thread???
    QUESTION: Do all the 3200s made require the upgrades? Is there a serial# range where the upgrades where built into newer guns?
    2. Where can you get a list of what these upgrades where and how to identify these upgrades.

I will be looking @ a skeet model and want to be armed with the best info.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The upgrades never were a safety issue, just issues with the basic receiver mechanism and wood damage. You can tell if the gun you are looking at has been upgraded in the receiver by a period or dot between the serial number and the "OU" on the under portion of the receiver - sample being OU.12345. This marking is very easy to fake so do not rely on it alone. The best test is to look at the face of the surface where the firing pin holes appear in the breech with the barrels removed. If there are two hex head screws, one on each side, and below the lower firing pin, the updates have been done. Later in the life of the 3200, Laib's Gunsmithing, Pat Laib, 201 North Hwy 23, Spicer, MN 56288 320.796.2686 did upgrades on the forearm iron. All these upgrades were designed to reduce stress that was causing cracking of stock and forearm wood. Some, including me, favored disabling the ejector hammers in the forearm iron which was a much cheaper way to end stress there and helped saving fired shells for reloading; the extractor mechanism still works without the ejector hammers being cocked and operating. Good guns, one of the best bang for the buck.......Bob Dodd

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

When you call Laib's ask for Tom Fox. He was very helpful, and gave me very straight forward answers to any questions I had. The upgrade, if not already done, is not always necessary.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I was just reading information regarding the 3200 last night. It stated that the receiver updates were done at the factory beginning with serial number 30,000. Some receivers were apparently replaced as there are 3200s out there with serial numbers below 30,000 that have the receiver updates included as if they were manufactured that way. The sides of the receiver below the top slide have two pins, one top and one bottom on guns that were manufactured w/o the upgrades while those that were manufactured with the upgrades incorporated only have one pin at the top. The lower pin held the lower tang. On the upgraded guns the two hex screws hold the lower tang. On the guns manufactured without the upgrades and later upgraded the lower pin showing is only a plug to fill the lower hole. The f/e update wasn't done by the factory and I suspect it was fashioned by Laibs to reinforce the forend. The first photo is of a receiver manufactured after the upgrades were incorporated at the factory and the second before the upgrades were included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

very nice guys, thank you

6. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I know where there is a four barrel skeet set, 12gauge remington barrel and the 20,28,410 barrels made by simmons for $1700 to $1800.E-mail if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 3200 review
remington 3200 serial number
remington 3200 serial numbers
remington 3200 updates

remington 3200 upgrade

remington 3200 upgrades

remington model 3200
remington model 3200 dot serial number