1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 Trap ?'s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I am looking at a 3200 a gentleman I shoot with has but don't know a whole lot about the guns.

How do I tell if the updates have been done? He is not the original owner and doesnt know.

How much do these guns go for, I don't know how to give it a % but here is what I know. It has the monte carlo stock, wood and blueing seem to be in good shape. What else do I need to look for?

Thanks in advace, Rich

2. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

The update to the receiver should have 2 allen screws below the lower firing pin on the receiver face. Also should have a punch mark in the serial number on bottom of the receiver. What model is it? They made Trap, Trap Special and Competition. Made a Premier and One of a Thousand as well.Good luck, and enjoy it, if you buy. Ron

3. richrob

richrob TS Member

I believe it is just the standard trap model. If the updates have not been done, what is the benefit of having them done and what kind of time and cost would be associated with that? thanks, Rich

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rich,

Remington now charges for the updates and the last time I heard it was a couple of hundred bucks to do it. If the 3200 has had the updates and is in good condition they are fine guns and with nominal maintenance will last many years. Most of the gunsmiths who travel to shoots can do repairs on them. Tom Larkin comes to mind as he fixed one for me a few years ago.

Best of luck,

Bob Schultz

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

To answer your last question, Rich, The benefits of buying one with the updates done or having them done is that the gun will perform for you many more years than without. The updates were not a safety issue, just a "fix" for early failures within the receiver and the cracking of wood at meeting spots with metal. My additional "fix" was to disable the ejector hammers in the forearm to lessen any stress on wood to metal spots in the forearm. Also, painting an epoxy-like material on the inside of the forearm and stock where wood meets metal will help extending the life of the wood.

The ordinary "Trap" gun looks pretty ordinary, the Special Trap should be so marked on the barrel with "Special Trap.".....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

6. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The top notch guy on these fine guns is Pat Laib

Laibs Gunsmithing
    Address 201 Hwy 23 NE
    Spicer, MN 56288
    FFL# 3-41-00698
    Tel: 320-796-2686

CHEERS

7. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I found a "minty" 3200 at a gun show, but the updates had not been done. Oh well, it was a buy @ $750, so I got it. Called Remington re: having the updates done....this was a couple of years ago...Remington charged ~$495 (2 year ago price) with a 6 to 8 week turnaround time. So I called Laib's in Minnesota...found out they do most (if not all) of the updates for Remington and they charged ~$450 with a 4 to 6 week turnaround time. So I sold the gun and later found a nice Trap 3200 with the updates done for $1250 which included the original and a custom stock. Wound up giving it to my son who loves 3200s more than I do. Best Regards, Ed

8. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Why does it cost so much to have the updates done?

9. richrob

richrob TS Member

So what I'm getting is that nobody here would want to pay more than $700-$800 for a gun without the updates as updated ones can be had with much less headache? Thanks for all the responces, Rich

10. Glockamole

Glockamole Member

Still depends on version, condition and price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.