1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Remington 3200 Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrsurvance, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsurvance

mrsurvance TS Member

I just inherited my grandfathers Remington 3200 o/u trap gun - it was his favorite gun and the one he taught me on.

I am at a loss - I have his re-loader and his gun - but I have no clue as to what the re-loader needs to reload cartridges? Also, I don't know what kind of shot to buy for this gun if I go buy ready made shells? There is light load, heavy load, etc... Anyone able to help me or point me in the right direction - I would love to reload shells over the winter and be able to teach my kids how to do it (once I have learned). But I would love to go to the range and shoot before then - so I need to know what kind of shot to buy for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Member

Maybe you could go on line and get an owners manual for the reloader. Also buy a good shotshell reloading manual. Assuming that you are loading 12 ga. for trap, standard 209 primers, and from 7.5 to #9 shot is in order, but there are lots of good loading manuals out there that you should consult.
    Do you know anyone that reloads and lives nearby? There is a lot to learn getting started but there is little to it once you are set up.
    Welcome aboard and this site will help you get going. We've all been there.
    dju
  3. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Congratulations. I suggest that you seek out a local shooting friend to help mentor you in your process. To get started, my advice is just to buy a flat of #8, 1 oz target loads for around $55 or $60 at a local place. (10 boxes)Estates or Remington Gun CLubs are OK, Be careful not to close the 3200 too quickly. I have seen them catch the shells and damage the ejectors...so EZ does it. The 3200 is s fine gun.

Don't even try reloading for a while, if at all. Unless you really love reloading, buying new shells is easier and not much more for money for a modest amount of shooting.

Your local mentor shooting buddy(s) will help introduce you to the sport, the range, your gun, etc.

If you hang around a club some Sunday or ask around, most guys will be happy to help you get involved. Post your location here and someone may be in your area. Start at a local club, shoot a litle before you jump right into registered events (ATA)

Good luck and welcome !!

js in PA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 trap guns