1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 Trap, Good Doubles Gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Haven't heard much about the Remington 3200. Is it a good doubles gun? Good trigger? Can it be converted to Release? Other pros and cons? Thanks, gyrine

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A very good doubles gun. Has the best mechanical trigger and the POI of the lower barrel can be adjusted similar to the K-80. HMB

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Grear trigger. Good pointing gun. I like 30", it's a bit too heavy in 32".

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

If you had a choice between 3200 and Beretta 682 in similar excellent condition, which would you pick and why. Is there any problem converting the 3200 trigger to release, release. Thanks, gyrine

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The 3200 has a very fast locktime. These triggers can be converted to release. Gun is solid and a good pointer. Laibs has the parts .Their gunsmith is very good.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

gyrine...think of a 3200 as a low cost K80.

After about 100,000 rounds, the metal gets peened forwards and the firing pins tend to stick. My gunsmith simply reamed them to the proper dimensions and all was good again....and ...unlike K80s, you never hear about 3200s blowing up!

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

My experience is limited but I don't recall ever seeing a 3200 for sale on this list with a release trigger.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Release triggers are made for the 3200 but I've never needed or wanted one so I can't help you find a source. If you really want to know if they are popular on the doubles field, walk the line at a good sized shoot and see how many fields are NOT hosting at least one 3200......Bob Dodd

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

SSTG gives good advise. Gary Romans release does not hollow out the stock while many others do in order to get their devises installed.

While 3200's were under Remington Gary's release was the only one that did not cancel the factory warranty.

Michael Stephenson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 a good gun

remington 3200 a good trap gun

remington 3200 any good