Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

REMINGTON 3200 SPECIAL TRAP FOR SALE

10K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  OldRemFan 
#1 ·
GENTLEMEN,I HAVE A REM.3200 SPECIAL TRAP 30",ONLY 800RDS FIRED IN IT #OU24791.MY FRIEND PURCASED IT AND NEVER SHOT IT,I GOT IT TO SHOOT DOUBLES BUT HAD NO INTREST IN IT.IT HAS BOX IT CAME IN.THANK YOU.I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ENTER PICTURES ON THIS SIGHT BUT CAN E-MAIL them chance75@cfl.rr.com if INTERRESTED. THANK YOU DUSTY

#9 ·
well ... yeah, the buttpad has been replaced ... but nobody stuck their finger in the bolt hole. Promise. Serious. No fooling. NOT even a fingertip.

More data from him: IM & Full, 30" parallel stock.

kiv ... upgrades/updates are a somewhat complicated subject. The short version is that unless you take a 24 and a cheater to tighten the draw-bolt when/if you pull the buttstock, have Laibs do the upgrades after a couple hundred thousand rounds when they are re-building the standing breech. If you want to.

The original 3200 DOES HAVE has a design-flaw on how the head of the stock mates with the receiver. A FEW folks overtightened the stock and spread the sides, causing some FTF 'cause the trigger parts were spread out, too.

Serial numbers above (I think) abt 25,000 were updated/upgraded at the factory before shipment.

The easy, visual way to tell if it is a factory upgrade is the receiver has three pins - not the four of the early numbers.

This is a good gun at a pretty fair price, I think, unless you are shy abt the updates.

Bob

#11 ·
I did call Laibs' concerning updates. I have a first year production that is not updated. Tom Turner told me that all 3200's did not necessarily need to be updated. A lot of butt stocks apparently were tightened up too tight, which seemed to be the main cause of the splitting. I have since read somewhere that 5 lbs of torque is recommended for a 3200 stock.

Having said that, if I had one that I planned to shoot a lot and it had a really nice piece of wood, I would have Laib's do the updates, (they do more than Remington did, Remington did not update the forends). Might just save a nice piece of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.