1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 release triggers ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldRemFan, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I am wanting information from anyone who has personal experience with release triggers in a Remington 3200. How they are set up, such as pinned, or complete different mechanism. Also problems, if any, in going back to pull trigger. I know nothing about release triggers in the 3200 and the gun in question is not where I can take the stock off an take a look. Any help is appreciated.

2. high 2

high 2 Member

I`ve got the parts to convert one if you are looking for them. Larry

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Larry:

I sent you an email.

Bob

4. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

You may get a lot of different answers on this. I was going to go to the 3200 for my shooting gun. I wanted a release / pull trigger. I went to see Gary Roman to get the r/p trigger. He would not do it he only did r/r. I was told that the hammers spring put to much pressure on the hooks for the normal release trigger. He said that the springs need shorting and other stuff. Said the Remington did not think a release could be done on the 3200. He patented a double release that worked on the sear not the hammers. I have shot it and it worked great. I have also shot a Phillips r/p that I had no problems with. Good luck 3200 is a neat gun. Tom

5. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have a release pull in mine made by timmey (junk) the release is too long to reset for the second shot! Spears told me years ago no one could put a good release in a 3200 (I find that hard to believe. I would try phillip he has done about everythingn else for me with great success. good luck

6. NintyT

NintyT Member

Tom, that was an interesting post you made. I shoot a release pull 3200 that was presented to be Gary Romans personal gun at one time. His initials are all over it, and the stock and forearm were customized. I love it! It's never been worked on, and it's broken a good number of 100s. I hope Gary gets to see this post! Steve Johnson

7. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

That is interesting. I went to his shop and talked to him. He pulled out the drawings for his patten. We went over them and he said to me in person that he only did double release. Tom

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I have never shot a release trigger, but am considering a gun that is presently set up with a release. I would probably be wanting to convert the gun back to pull trigger. If I were to get into having to replace several internal parts that would certainly enter into my consideration of the gun. Any information on converting back to pull would be appreciated. Sounds like there may be several variations of release triggers on the 3200 that are out there.

Space Gun: Is Spears in Hutchinson the gunsmith you are talking about. I used to live about 3 blocks from that shop. Been in there many times. That was when the elder Spears was running the place.

9. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

On my timmey release/pull all I need to do to return it to pull/pull is remove a small hook, however it is kind of tricky as to not remove the pin holding the hook too far as it will kind of fly apart. I have chanced it serval times with no problems (YET)

OldRemfan the spears I called was in Pa. He was an older fellow and one heck of a shot, I think around 2003 I shot with him at the grand Friendly fun to talk with and if my memory is right he had a 98 or 99 in singles on that day and I know he was a senior vet.

10. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

If you have a way to remove the stock and take a picture I can tell you who made the triggers. If they are my triggers I do not charge anything to convert them back to pull triggers.
    If they are Timmney triggers you can just remove the hooks but the trigger pull will have a lot of slack and travel.
    If they are Romans triggers you have to replace a few parts to get them back to a pull trigger.

Phillip Crenwelge

11. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I had Phillips put a release in the lower barrel
    of my 3200 about a year ago. Works great - no problems.

12. eyegoods

eyegoods TS Member

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I also had Phil C. convert my MX trigger to r/r a short while back. It's one of the slickest release triggers I've ever used and I'm extremely pleased with it! After practicing 100 targets with it, I won two trophy's at my AZ state shoot entering only four events!! Phil is my go to guy for trigger work of any kind!! Thank you Phillip!!

Gene Hapney

14. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Phil did my bottom release before I bought the gun. The set is crisp. Release is fast.Never a pull through. Have had two pull through and sold both guns.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

drop in triggers for rem 3200

philips release tiggers for 3200 remington

release trigger for remington 3200

remington 3200 pressure

remington 3200 release trigger value

remington 3200 release triggers

remington3200releasetrigger