1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rotter, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotter

Rotter TS Member

I just got a Remington 3200 Competition Trap and was surprised that it is choked Full/IM. The place I got it from even had it listed as IM/Full. I thought they were all IM/Full.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Huh?

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Ditto Ahab! Maybe you ought to rephrase your rhetorical question!? Tom Rhoads

4. Rotter

Rotter TS Member

Gun I purchased...top barrel full bottom barrel Improved Modified. Person I purchased from advertised..top barrel Improved Modified bottom barrel Full..The question was/is did Remingtion offer the gun as F/IM and IM/F.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I never knew if any that were choke "upside-down." My 3200 Competition Trap was Full over Improved Modified.

Ed

6. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Most of them that I have seen are Full over Improved Modified. A couple were Full over Full. Who ever listed that one did not know how to list the chokes. Top barrel is always first.

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Maybe they were shooting the gun upside down??? :p

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

They were standard with the Full in the upper barrel and either full or Imp. mod. in the lower. The reasoning was in trap doubles, the first shot would be taken by the lower barrel - less felt recoil or muzzle jump because of the lower relationship with the shoulder - and the more distant shot would be taken with the upper barrel. But I think the same arrangement has been a very long norm in over/unders, maybe even for the same reason on hunting guns......Bob Dodd

9. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Period Remington catalogs list either F over F, or F over IM as available. No listing for any IM over F. I think your advertiser simply listed the chokings without regard to which barrel was which, or simply did not know the sequence.

Jim R

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I have seen several Full over IM.

Guy Babin

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My research has revealed the factory did allot of "custom" to order configurations in the day.

A gun in this configuration is a bit atypical, but not unheard of by a long shot.

It is also possible the seller didn't know what he had, but the barrels should be stamped with their respective choking making this possibility less likely.

Guy B.

12. il shooter

il shooter Member

I look on my 3200 and i have full over mod with 28 inch barrels.

13. il shooter

il shooter Member

14. pjh

pjh Member

I have a 32" barrel that came from the factory IC top / Full bottom.. and its for sale! Peter Hamann

15. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

Maybe a few pointers on the operation of the barrel selector/safety is in order also.

Notice the choices are: B, T, S.

The T stands for TOP

The S stands for SAFE

But be careful in selecting the B as it stands for BOTH

A little tongue in cheek.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

BrownST100, did you take advantage of the special order guns in the 90s? I was at the Ilion plant for a week in 1998 and they told me they could build me a 3200 in any configuration I wanted. The price seemed to begin at about two grand or more, so I didn't order one. Maybe I should have figured out an interesting non standard configuration and bit the bullet. How about a 28-.410 two barrel set with field chokes, straight grip stock, slim cut forend and checkered butt? My wife has a rare factory original K-32 .410 field choked bird gun that is a joy to shoot. I wish I could count the number of guys who have tried to talk her out of it. I would love to have a 3200 like her Krieghoff.

17. Kerz

Kerz Member

Remington Society posting:
    "In the 1983 Remington catalogue the Model 3200 isn't even pictured but down in the bottom right corner of page 15 the same six variants of the Competition Trap, the one 28-inch Competition Skeet, the Skeet set, and now in the Competition Skeet column order no. 3207 is listed as 28" Imp. Mod./Full (Pigeon Gun)."

Vic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.