1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 forend problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ke4yyd, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I recently purchased a 3200 4-barrel set that functioned flawlessly, Recently I find it difficult to fasten the forend. There was no problem a few months ago. Then it gradually got harder and harder to fasten. Is this a common problem? If so, is there a simple fix? I tightened all the hardware.

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Check to see if you have the 3200 forearm modification that Laib's installs. They strengthen the bracket to prevent flex that may lead to cracking of the forearm. There's also a mod to the breechface to strengthen the receiver. Call Laib's. They are 3200 experts. Bob

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Call Laibs and get them to take you through adjusting the forearm. You can't just tighten everything down. The slotted screw cap just behind the latch when you are looking down is used to hold the pressure between the barrel lug and the receiver through the forearm hardware. The screw up through that cap rides in a slot. The angled screw just in front of the latch pulls the hardware farther into the lug and adjusts the pressure between the barrel lug and receiver (Tightness).

IIRC this is the process. Back the angled screw off several turns and loosen the slotted nut slightly. The forearm should now snap on but may be a little loose. Check all the barrels and make all adjustments on the tightest. Tighten the angled screw a half turn and check again. When it feels about right then tighten the slotted nut and test again. If it is OK leave it alone. It does not require a great deal of torque on the slotted screw to hold things in place.

--- Chip King ---

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Several people have mentioned Laibs however he does not appear to have a web site. How do I contact him?

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

320-796-2686 is the number that I have. Bill Malcolm

6. WJN

WJN TS Member

If you loosen the forend screws the hardware will adjust to the latch mechanism. The screws basically pinch it all together. Once it functions properly tighten the screws to hold in place. It would not hurt to call Laibs and make sure it is adjusted and tightened properly.

7. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Thanks folks. None of the suggested adjustments worked. I sent the gun to Laib today.

8. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I got the gun back from Laib,s today. All is well now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to tighten the forarm fit on remington 3200
remington 3200 forearm problem

remington 3200 problems

remington 3200 stock and forend
repair remington 3200 forearm