1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Rick Barker, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Remington 3200 Trap, s/n 25***, with 32 inch barrels with Briley Choke Tubes, Mod, IM, LF, F, and X-Full. Neutral cast Monte Carlo stock 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 at comb, with Pachmaur trap pad. LOP 14-5/8 inches. Metal finish very good, wood very good but some small nicks. 1475.00, includes shipping and insurance.
    Will e-mail more pics on request.

[​IMG]

2. txpaul

txpaul TS Member

0   0   0

Pm sent

paul

3. Rick Barker

0   0   0

I have not had any mondification done to this gun, except for the new recoil pad. It has a serial number over 25,000 and a dot between the O/U and the serial number so it looks like: O/U * 25XXX. Another 3200 I have has a period between the O/U and the serial number and looks like O/U.20XXX. My understanding from threads on this site is that either 25,000 or higher number or the dot punched bewteen the O/U and the serial number means the updates have been done. I do not know if any of this is true or not.

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Rick:

Open the gun up and look right below and to either side of the lower firing pin. If you see two socket head allen screws set in flush with the face of the receiver right below where the lower shell would set when the gun is closed, then the update has been done.

5. Rick Barker

0   0   0

OldRemFan, thanks. Yes the receiver clearly has the socket head screws and show up in a picture that I sent a prospective buyer, but he still questioned as to wheather or not any upgrades had been done.

6. mlml1944

mlml1944 Member

0   0   0

I am very interested in your 3200. Email me or give me a call. 423-743-6182
    or 423-943-7723

Charlie Morris

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

It would be pretty odd that someone would go to the trouble of drilling the receiver to put in dummy cap screws just to fool a prospective buyer.

8. Rick Barker

0   0   0

cbm1943...sent you an e-mail with more pics

OldRemFan.....I know less about these guns than anybody when it comes to their inards, but I remember when they come out in the 70's and were highly sought after. Some say they are a cult gun, but I think they are a Mack Truck type target cruncher that will never be obsolete. As long as people take care of the ones that are left. I have two, only shoot one and need to get rid of some other stuff as well.

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Rick:

Not everybody wants or needs to spend 10 or 15 thousand on a trap gun. I understand why some people do, and that is fine. However, the 3200 is pretty darned dependable and is fine for the average Joe clay bird shooter. As for the cult thing, one could probably make that case on a lot of firearms. It just depends on who's bull is getting gored.

10. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

0   0   0

3200s are good shooters. Weak area is the forend iron/ thin forend wood. Fast lock time. Was told some time back that Remington was very fussy about their barrels on the 3200s.

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

AND unlike Kreighoffs...they don't blow up!

:)

12. Rick Barker

0   0   0

I am going to try to take some better pictures of this gun, so I may let this thread fade away and repost it later. My camera, a Sony, while it has 8.1 meg pixels and a Zeiss lens and shoots in HD, either has a problem because it was purchased used from a drivers licence bureau or is experiencing operator error. Either way the pics are not doing justice to the gun.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this gun still available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 trap for sale