Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington 3200 firing pin updates by Laib's

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  oldstuff 
#1 ·
Remington 3200 firing pin updates by Laib

I have a 3200 that has the lower firing pin hole hammered pretty bad. Would those of you who have had Laib do the insert on the firing pin holes, tell me what your experience has been with the rework? Thanks for your time and opinion

Bob

#6 ·
I had the firing pin updates done several years ago and after many rounds they are just like they were when I got the 3200 back from Laib's. Once it is done you can use any primer with no further damage. The only complaint I had was the poor blue job done on the receiver after the firing pin/breech face repair.

#7 ·
OU.3200

What type of installation did you have done. I understand that several years back they used to drill out the breech face and install a round,threaded insert similar to the one used in the BT99. Was the reblue something you had done as an option or was it part of the installation?

I appreciate all the input.

#9 ·
The firing pin hole repair is a vertical strip of hard metal from top to bottom of the receiver face. I had the receiver blued when it was there for other repairs. The blue was gray looking and although redone a second time it wasn't even close to the quality of the original dark blue. I wouldn't send another there to be blued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.