1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 Ejectors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WJN, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WJN

WJN TS Member

Hi guys! New to the forums. I have a Remington 3200 and the ejectors are not functioning. This is fine because I don't need them to. However, I would like to know why they are not functioning. I assume they are disabled but the system in the forend seems intact. Springs/levers all seem in place although I certainly could be missing something. I have read they are usually disabled either in the forend or on Barrel/receiver?

If any of you guys that are familiar with this gun have any ideas as to what I should be looking for - I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jim

2. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

THE TRIP RODS MAY HAVE BEEN REMOVED. HAVE TO REMOVE STOCK TO DO THIS. YOU CAN TELL IF YOU LOOK DOWN IN THE RECIEVER, WHERE FIRING PINS ARE AND SEE IF A SMALL ROD IS ON EACH SIDE AT THE BOTTOM,IF NOT EJECTOR TRIP ROD HAS BEEN REMOVED. THEY CAN BE PUT BACK IN IF YOU SO DESIRE.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Remove the forend and barrels, look at the face of the receiver where the forend iron would butt up against. If you see a empty hole on either side the trip rods have been removed. The holes are under 1/8" in diameter.

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Not to hijack, but any input on bottom barrell not ejecting most of the time. I've had the stock off,it's clean, no sign of any broken parts, works sometimes.

5. WJN

WJN TS Member

DSC_0036.jpg

You guys are fast! :) Not real sure what to look for does this image help? Took this recently to verify update of receiver.

Jim

6. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Even though the picture is a little blury, it appears your trip rods are gone. Laib's or Numrich should be able to sell you some new ones. I take mine out and love it.

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jim,

Looks like the rods are there to me. Can't see it well though.

Are the ejector hammers in the forearm cocking?

She's a bit of a dirty girl isn't she....

Guy Babin

8. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED, FROM WHAT I CAN SEE.

9. WJN

WJN TS Member

Yes she is a dirty girl or was. Had been sitting up for years when I pulled it back out recently. I can take a picture of the forend metal if that would help. There are two heavy springs on each side that push a lever which catches on a smaller spring loaded lever riding in the bigger lever. It seems to catch and release fine manually with everything apart. Pull the large levers back the smaller catches and if you push the smaller lever it releases and the large lever pops forward.

What part of that image needs to be clear? The closest part?

Jim

10. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

LOOK UNDER NUMERICK GUN PARTS AND BRING UP A SCHEMATIC OF A 3200 AND IT WILL SHOW YOU THE TRIP RODS AND OTHER PARTS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Yep WJN the very face of the curve just as the curve turns under on each side there should be a small hole with the end of a rod in it if it is just a small hole the trip rods have been removed.

The trip wires are items 21 and 22

chipking_2008_0303110.jpg

--- Chip King ---

12. WJN

WJN TS Member

I just looked a bit closer and did get to look at that schematic. There are rods on each side of the receiver which I believer are 21 and 22. They sit on the bottom edge on each side of the receiver and the rod end is flush with the curve face. Unless those rods have some how been deactivated - I am not sure what is going on. My only real desire was to get any parts that might be missing while they are available. I wasn't really planning to get ejection working. Might be more trouble than it is worth - seems to be getting more confusing in that everything seems to be in place. I was able to move those rods so about 1/4" was out from the curve face not sure if that suggests anything.

Jim

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a set if you need 'em. Reasonable offer accepted!!
    oleolliedawg_2008_0303682.jpg

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a set if you need 'em. Reasonable offer accepted!!

15. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

POST A PICTURE FROM THE TOP OF RECIEVER LOOKING DOWN INSIDE.

16. WJN

WJN TS Member

Took a few more pictures. I can't find anything disabled but again I don't have a clue.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

17. WJN

WJN TS Member

Forend metal.

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

If the rods arent under the springs it wont eject. They can be in the reciever but not installed properly.

19. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

We now know the rods are there (as I thought) for sure and that the hammers are cocked.

Not sure yet where 2 go from here.... we'll figure it out tho.

Call Liabs, they are the experts! All the rest of us are mere rookies...

Guy B.

20. WJN

WJN TS Member

I seem to recall reading a comment a while back that the ejectors could be disabled by pulling the rods out from under the springs in the receiver? That sound like a possibility? If repositioning the rods is possible maybe I am not missing any parts. I guess stock removal would be necessary to check that possibility.

You guys are very helpful!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
change extractor spring remingto 3200
disable ejector hammers on remington 3200
hole in the face of 3200 remington receiver
how to remove extractors from a remington 3200

remington 3200 diagram

remington 3200 ejector pin
remington 3200 ejector spring removal