1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200, Cracked Reciever

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SeanGamble, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

Last Saturday, i was shot 4 boxes through my 3200. when I got home, i was opening the gun and noticed there was alot of tension. I went to close it and it would not close all the way. I took off the forearm and barrel and a piece of the receiver fell off. I do not know if this can be fixed, and what gunsmith to send it to. Any input and help is appreciated.
    thanks,
    Sean Gamble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. overbored

overbored Member

Pat Laib Laibs Gunsmithing

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I'd try here to start with,

Laib's Gunsmithing 201 Hwy 23 North Spicer, MN 56288. Phone: (320) 796-2686. Fax: (320) 796-4570. Email: plaib@tds.net. Models: M3200 receiver upgrades ...

4. ounce-n-3/8s

ounce-n-3/8s TS Member

That same thing has happened to me.....two years in a row at the exact same gun club (I should know better than to ever shoot there again.....it's obviously bad luck), with two different 3200's.

The guys are telling you right. Both of my guns were sent to Laibs to have this repaired. If you need anything else done to the gun, I would have them do it while they have it. They are hands down the best 3200 folks anywhere!

Being that it's not my money, I would seriously think about having them install the hardened metal insert on the face of the receiver (where the firing pins come through). It's the best thing you can do for a 3200 as far as wear goes.

Shane

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The piece that broke is actually soldered to the inside of the receiver. Pat does have these pieces made and can install a new one.

Doug

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Not a huge deal, as Doug said they are soldered in place. The receiver will need to be reblued after the install as the heat from the soldering will discolor the receiver, but its not the end of the world.

7. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Now you have to fix your BT. If you need a back up I have a .410 lol Send it to Laib's

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What would Remington have to say about warranty repair?

Just a thought, is this a defect?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. beaker100

beaker100 Member

call phillip, fast turnaround, reasonable price. (210)313-5988.

as far as warrenty remington has not built a new 3200 in more than 20 years! also remington doen not repair 3200's anymore. doug hubbart

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Not a factory defect, just a broken part after extensive use.

11. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

Thanks for the responses, sounds like I'm sending it to laibs, and yes mark, I am going to get the screw for my BT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200

remington 3200 parts
remington 3200 repair