1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 Competition Grade Receiver & Forend

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by eightbore, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a Comp Grade receiver and forend iron for a 3200. It looks like it is unused, mint breech face, one trunnion partially installed, one missing. Serial number 41,819. Forend matches and trigger guard is also Competition Grade engraved. It will make a wonderful gun for someone with a set of barrels. Yes, I would buy a set of 30" field or magnum barrels if someone has a set for sale, or I would sell this great receiver for $650. I have had this receiver for many years and don't think it has ever been made into a gun. Don't ask any questions, I have said all I know. Just email me for the address to send the money. Thanks. Bill Murphy

2. eightbore

0   0   0

Receiver and forend iron. Yes it has the updates. It is a very late gun.

3. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

0   0   0

OK, so let me get this straight, you want $650 for a receiver and iron that is missing a "trunnion", a set of comp wood ( when you can find it ) will run $450 or more, cheapest set of barrels I've seen were $800. so for $650 + $450 + $800 + gunsmith fee to fit barrels, shipping, handling and transfer fees you're are now into a mismatched 3200 for $2,300.00 plus ... hmmm ... I think I will pass and not send you the money ...
    IMHO !
    good luck !

4. eightbore

0   0   0

Actually, I am more interested in purchasing a nice set of 30" barrels from someone or to find someone who has some parts sitting around the gun room rather than selling to someone who has no parts. I would sell my wood to someone, but that involves pictures and "guaranteed fit". If someone is not too far from the DC area, I would meet him and show him wood as well as this receiver and forend iron. I have offered to sell this item for $600 to someone and will now make that offer to all here. Who knows? If I get no takers, I expect I will end up selling it for even less.

5. eightbore

0   0   0

Yeah, I would offer it to Pat, but I thought I would help someone on this site or at least try. He would have it made into a $2700 gun in about five minutes. Maybe I'll just buy a set of his barrels because I have a baggo wood. I have a set of oil finish 1 of 1000 wood that Peggy Wilkinson took off a friend's gun many years ago. That wood needs to be on a gun. Thanks for the idea. If no one here will set the hook, Pat will get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.