1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 choke tubes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I just acquired a very nice, almost new, 3200 trap with fixed chokes Full and Imp/Mod. Since I shoot all the games - skeet,trap, sporting clays - I'm thinking about having choke tubes done by Briley.

May even consider getting subguage tubes to shoot all guages on the skeet range.

Without too many cheap shots ( no pun intended) re: skeet or sporting clays - pros and or cons regarding doing this to a 3200 ? Did I mention it's a 1 of 1000 ?

Friends say it will ruin whatever "collector" value the gun currently has. I'm not sure there is, or ever will be, collector value for the 3200. I jst like the gun - have always thought of it as a poor man's Krieghoff.

Thoughts ?

thanks in advance.

Noel Kendall

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

shoot the gun enough, and you'll ruin any collector value anyways, screw chokes or not. If you plan on keeping the gun, make it right for you. Your going to need looser chokes if you get subgauge tubes anyways, or briley won't be able to build them to the end of the barrel.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

You said its a trap gun. I wouldnt mess with the chokes, Remington did a good job with them in the 3200. Id go with the tubes for skeet if thats what you want. It a great gun . Merry Christmas.

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

As an owner/user of the Remington 3200 (primarily for skeet) since 1977, I am not sure there is any "collector" value in the 3200s. I see unmodified as well as modified 3200s for sale all time time, particularly on this forum and don't see any significant price difference. The real issue is whether you are looking to set the gun aside for some future possible value, or whether it is a "using" gun. I had my 3200 choked tubed by Briley recently to broaden its use to sporting clays as well. They installed their thinwall choke system, and supplied 5 chokes of my choice for 500.00. Briley did a great job, only took a couple of weeks and the chokes are superb. Chose 2 skeet, a mod, lite mod, and imp mod to give me a wide range. While I have owned and used many other guns over the year, both for skeet and trap, the 3200 has been with me for 35 years and will be using it til either it or I (most likely) wear out.

5. djcuda

djcuda Member

Modify the gun that you have to make it work for you.If you are a 3200 1 of 1000 collector , buy another one and keep it all original.
    Dave

6. Beavs

Beavs TS Member

Here's a thought, why not leave the 12 ga barrels as is for shooting trap. Have Briley fit their Ultimate Ultralites in 20, 28, and 410. You could then use the 20 ga tube set as a sporting gun (especially if you are just shooting sporting for fun). With a wide range of chokes for the subgauge tubes you would have a complete system. These are great all-around guns just a little heavy, but once you get the swing started, you won't have problems "stopping" the gun!!...lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adding chokes to 3200
poly choke remington 3200
remington 3200 choke tubes

remington 3200 for sporting clays

remington 3200 is it great for sporting clays
remington 3200 skeet and sporting clays
remington 3200 trap thoughts
screw in chokes in remington 3200