1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 3200 barrels interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by newcastle, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

I bought a 28" skeet barrel and it went right on the trap gun I had, since then I have picked up a couple other 3200 and have not been so lucky swaping the barrels out. on a couple of them I think I can get the barrel into the reciever but the top lever will not lock like it should, I think its hit or miss and in most cases your going to miss.

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

For the most part they will not interchange without fitting. I inquired about this several years ago and was told that some used barrels could be made to fit my gun and keep the original barrel and some couldn't easily be fit depending on the dimensions. Basically if it fit too tight some metal could be taken from the hinge area to make it fit but if it was loose it would require changing the hinge points and fitting of both barrels at considerable expense.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Any interchange would be very lucky. A friend bought a set of 20 guage skeet barrels from remington and the gun had to go in to the custom shop for fitting.

That tells me enough.

HM

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Any one have an extra set of those 400 barrels I could use a set. Joe Goldberg

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Me Too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are 3200 remington barrels interchagleable

are remington 3200 barrels interchangeable

remington 3200 barrel interchange