1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 32 vs. 3200 Pro's and Con's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldRemFan, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Remington 32 vs. 3200 Pro

For those that are familiar with both guns, what are the pro's and con's of each as far as quality, handling, etc.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to be 60 in about 16 days and I have never seen anyone shooting a 32.

3. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

The 3200 could have been a great gun but too many shortcuts were taken during the design and manufacture. The 32 was too expensive to make and sell at a profit. They are totally different guns. Krieghoff makes a nice upgraded copy of the 32 in the K-80; no one would ever copy a 3200.

4. williamd

williamd TS Member

I have owned one 32 and several 3200's - have four at present. 2 skeet (26" and 28" - I prefer shorter for gun down skeet) and 2 trap (28" and 30"). Remington bbls are actually 1/2 " shorter than advertised. A previous owner had Briley thin wall chokes installed in the 28" trap and this makes it a good sporting clays gun. I do not shoot high comb stocks on my trap guns.

Personally, I like the 3200 better than the 32. Mine have been perfect, giving no mechanical trouble at all. Forearm cracks have been issues in some and I have one I have pinned and epoxyed, then no more trouble. Only the one of about a dozen or so. The later production 3200's changed the forearm metal very slightly and solved the problem of it working loose ... did not affect the shooting in mine did not look good with a gap showing. I think I have figured out how to solve that.

3200 parts are obtainable if ever needed; don't know about 32's.

5. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

Well, I am going on 67 and I shoot on occasionally my Remington 30" M32's (I have 3 TC's). I started shooting International Skeet in 1979 beginning with a 27" Remington 3200. I bought another and still own both of them. In time, I added a 30" flat rib barrel to one and in the early 80's had Stan Baker backbore and lengthen the forcing cones on all of them and then had Briley put thin wall chokes in all the barrels. They are both ( M32 & M3200) great guns, but if I was still going to chose one to compete with or shoot on a regular basis, it would be the M3200. It is harder to get the triggers on the M32 to be as good as the M3200. Also it is easier to get parts and repairs on the M3200 if needed. Good luck and good shooting. Jon

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I have sent a couple of you a PM since you have had experience with both, and have addressed part of my question. Would like to hear from others who have or have previously owned and shot both.

thank you

7. copperjohn

copperjohn Member

Had to jump in here, yesterday bought a beautiful 3200 competiton, gun is mint!!
    A very rare find had to have been a safe queen/killer wood!! all updated, 30 inch im/full,Gonna shoot it tomorrow, yea ha. Have owned 3/3200's always worked excellent. This was and still is a quality gun and not just because I own a couple and you don't have to mortage your house for a new trap gun. I paid $1800.00 kinda steep? but my friend said hell no if you don't buy it I will.
    What do yea think?

8. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I have owned and shot a 3200 and a Model 32 Remington I have also owned a Krieghoff Model 32.

I used them for Skeet, the model 32 Remington is a good gun however the single trigger will give you problems and the only one with parts and experience to fix them is Larry DelGrego. Unless you just want one for some vintage events I would not consider one.

I used a 3200 factory 4 barrel set for 2 years of registered skeet. When I purchased the gun it was not updated so I dropped it off at the factory in Ilion. Remington did all the updates reblued the gun and refinished the wood at no cost!
    They sent it right to my house, the gun was like new! I shot this gun for three years with no problems. However if you buy one now make sure the updates are done! Also check the receiver firing pin holes to be sure they are not worn.
    Again I would not consider one for a heavy registered target schedule as it will break and parts are getting hard to find (One source is Laib's but $$$$)

The Model 32 Krieghoff was the best of the three a great gun that held up well for me and my wife for 20 years with one annual service and one extractor replacement. This was a tubed with Kolar AAA tubes. Two things to consider are that you want at least a 4 digit serial number and you want the trigger selector with the blade not the button.

When you remove the stock from the Remington 3200 it looks like the parts were stamped out of old hibachis.
    When you take the stock off of the Krieghoff it looks like the inside of a Rolex.
    Just My 2 cents, Scott

9. copperjohn

copperjohn Member

twoatlow 8:
    your points are true in many ways, what you said about taking stock off, man look inside an 1100 and then look at a super x1 night and day difference!! but the 1100 dollar for dollar is an excellent value and shoots really good but run your finger across those rails inside you'll need a transfusion.

10. missed some

missed some TS Member

there were only about 5k of the rem 32's built

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like the trigger in the 3200 better.

12. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I've owned a 32S for about 30 yrs.

Never owned a 3200, but shot a few. I think they shot hard. Also, agree with Scott. When you open one it sounds like what it is, stamped parts.

A few years after they (3200) were introduced, they were for sale everywhere.

However, I have seen some 3200s with fantastic wood right from the factory. Much better than that red stained wood on the K32s of the era.

Regards.....Gerald

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You'd be suprised at the wood under the red finish on Model 32s. We striped down several and oil finished them, turned out beautiful.

14. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I love both the Rem 32 and the Rem 3200. I grew up looking at my Dad's Remington 3200 special trap. He bought it becasue his Father had success with a Rem 32 TC years before. I have owned 4 Rem 3200's and had problems with all of them due to the firing pin holes growing shut. I have owned 2 Rem 32's, a skeet 26" and a 32" TC. Not being a skeet shooter, the Rem 32 skeet was my favorite rabbit hunting gun. It was trim enough to carry in the field. I tried a Rem 3200 skeet with 26" bbls for field use and it was bulky. I had zero issues with either of the Rem 32's. Both were sold in a need for money several years ago. I do miss them both, but not any of the 3200's.
    This is that Rem 32 TC in the late 30's/ early 40's.
    Doug Allison

15. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

I have a Rem 32 4 bbl set, A rem 3200 Tube set and a K-80 tube set. I have shot them all and rank them in this order. 1. K-80 2. Rem 32 3. Rem 3200.
    The Rem 32 balances much more like a K-80 than a Rem 3200. Bud Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rem 3200 vs m32
rem 3200 vs m32 reviews

remingtom 3200 barrel se t issues

remington 3200 s vs kreighoff

remington 3200 trap reviews

remington 3200 vs k 32

remington 3200 vs k80
remington 3200 vs krieghoff ks5