1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 32 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

A friend asked me to look up the value of a Remington 32S O/U with a solid rib. The serial # is 416.

I've looked in my 27th Fjestad's Blue Book and cannot find a 32S. Does anyone here know if the 32S is an actual model? Or did my friend err when he gave me the model #?

I see 32D, 32E, 32F and 32SST but no 32S.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

32S=32 Skeet??

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I suppose that S=Skeet is a possibility. Even so, if anyone knows for sure, please chime in.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I have a 32s serial #2425. Mine has TC factory wood, solid rib, 32" barrels.

My understanding is that the 32S was a trap grade with TC wood. single trigger.

Mine is second year of production. #416 is pretty early, might have the wire springs. Coil springs were substituted rather quickly.

I paid 750 for mine 25 yrs. ago. I would imagine price varies quite a bit depending on condition.

Jaqua sometimes has them for sale. Give their site a try.

Regards...Gerald

5. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

32s = trap special grade

6. AWC

AWC Member

Beast is right 32s is trap special, Glen Hunting in Fl. can fix them .

AC

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

32A Standard

32 Skeet

32S Trap Special

32TC Target

32D Tournament

32E Expert

32F Premier

Solid rib was optional. As best as anyone knows only 5053 32's were made. About 500 per year. Remington does not release serial # charts but you can write Remington Arms museum to get info on an individual gun serial #.

8. Mr double

Mr double TS Member

I have #3757 32 inch 32TC O/U IMP on the top and full on the bottom. I would like to get some hammer springs for it who would be good for having these parts.

9. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I bought one of the last two Model 32's that Jaquas' Fine Guns got in last October. Some old gent must have went to the trap field in the sky as there were two Model 32's and several Model 31 trap guns that came in on consignment. My gun is a 32" TC with full chokes in both barrels. My gun was missing the cap for the barrel selector on the trigger. I found that Larry DelGrego & Sons in Ilion, NY have all of the old parts and are the go to spot for the Model 32. His phone is (315)-894-8754 and was very helpful. I gave $1500.00 for my 32 and thought that was a good deal. My interest in the Model 32 come from the fact that my Grandfather had one in the 1940-50's but traded it after several bad rounds. (Sound like anybody you know?) He wanted it back soon after it was gone but never was able to get another one. It is good to have one back in the family! Here is a pic of my Uncle with Grandpa's 32 in the 1940's.

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

DBL Auto. Did he sell you some parts or did you have to send the gun to him?

Ive seen his and his late fathers work over the years and it is second to none.

Regards Gerald

11. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

over the hill, I sent him a check and he sent me the part. A week or so later I had it and was enjoying my Model 32.

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Jaquas Fine Guns took in two Model 32's today. One is a TC Grade with 32" bbls choked F/M and the other is a skeet gun. They have $1800 on the TC and $1600 on the skeet. Both are fair prices in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.