1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 31TC Question RE: Valuation...

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by CVKANSAS, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CVKANSAS

CVKANSAS TS Member

0   0   0

cvkansas_2012_03063.jpg

I have recently acquired a Remington Model 31 TC Pump (S/N #89980 - barrel stamp is 'XSS' which I gather from RSoA is December 1947???) & Remington Model 11-48 Auto (S/N #5066113 - barrel stamp is 'PYY-3 AYY' - January 1952???). They appear to be in pretty decent condition for their age (at least better than what I've found on other online auctions and chat rooms). I have no idea what either is worth and I'm not sure if I should get them appraised/insured, spend the money to perform the minor refurb to make 100%, go ahead and shoot them in the field or trade for something else. I must say that I typically shoot a Remington 1100 in the field and not a serious skeet/trap shooter. Basically a couple times a year go out with some buddies for pheasant/quail so I apologize for my ignorance on the subject.

In case the upload didn't work properly, I've uploaded to Ofoto.com at the following address...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... stid=78634

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Paul M

2. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

0   0   0

A 31-TC in "pretty decent condition" is worth several hundred dollars, depending on how "pretty decent."

Post some more pictures and guys will tell you what they think - but based on the forend shown and if that level of bluing is on the entire gun, I think you're right around $1000. I definitely think it is worth a few bucks to restore.

The 48 isn't worth much unless it's perfect - and then really only to a collector (which is why it needs to be perfect). This gun is strictly a shooter.

Ducks

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

If the bluing is as shiny as it looks in the pics, its been reblued which substantially gurts the value.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

If you are not a collector or trap shooter pass it along to someone who loves the quality of the old 31TC guns. It was one of the best in it's day and still capable of doing it today if so inclined.

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It appears from the photo that there is a piece missing from the back of the fore end. If that is the case it will diminish the value as a replacement will be almost impossible to find.

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

As per ou. 3200 it looks like the forend has been modified as it should only have a small square-ish notch that allows the empty to eject, not the quarter circle shown in your pic. This will make no difference in shooting but to a collector it will. I would shoot it and not worry about what someone else says, I shoot one and those 31s are the slickest pump ever built.

As to value kinda depends on the overall condition, wood looks re-finished?? has it been reblued?? If it all looks as good as those 2 pics I would say in the $500.00 to $600.00 range. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.