1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 31T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wrzone, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrzone

wrzone Member

Can anybody tell me the difference between a Remington 31T and 31TC I am considering buying this gun (31T) there are no choke markings on barrel it has Remington Arms & etc.on 30" barrel with ventilated rib machined as part of the barrel. I checked the bore which is .735 with .039 constriction.

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

wrzone: The difference is mostly in the wood, the C grade normally had fancier walnut & checkering, if it has 39 thou. choke that equates to a full. Should absolutely smoke targets, possibly some markings were buffed off if re-blued as mine are all marked. Enjoy the best pump shotgun ever built. Ross Puls

3. wrzone

wrzone Member

Ross, Thanks for the information I asked several people about this gun and none never heard of a 31T. I believe the bluing is original because the rest of the marking are good maybe this one did not get stamped.

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Here is a pic showing where it's stamped on my 31TC.

johnr_2008_300876.jpg

5. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Remington collectors have told me when they started making a trap model at first they only put a t on it later added the c. who knows most of the early workers are dead. And remington has changed hands calling them they really don't have ansures.

6. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Remington did make a 31T See photos. The choke marking is on the bottom of the barrel you will need to remove the barrel to see it. I think mine has the "Rush Razee" type forend. The serial number on mine is 6421.
    If you dont want to buy the one you are looking at please let me know so I can buy it.
    Scott
    twoatlow8_2008_030365.jpg

twoatlow8_2008_030366.jpg

twoatlow8_2008_030367.jpg

twoatlow8_2008_030368.jpg

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

twoatlow8: Your 31T looks like it has the same checkering pattern as my TCs with a little straighter grain buttstock . Mine are choke stamped like John Rs. pic. on the left side of the bbl. maybe they changed the location when they changed the grade designation or when they changed the trigger assemblies, I don't remember as I just sold the last early model I had. Ross

8. wrzone

wrzone Member

Scot, Your 31T is the same as the one that I am looking at I am going to purchase it. With a little TLC I think it will be a great shooter.

I really appreciate all the info this forum is the greatest.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

TC has fancier wood, but both are wonderful. I've never seen one with the choke marking on the bottom, but there it is.

10. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

I have a Remington Model 31C. Early 4 digit serial number, 32" solid rib barrel, semi-fancy checkered wood with a round forearm.
    I've never been able to find this model listed anywhere.
    Anyone else ever seen one?
    A great shooter and smooth as silk.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 31t

remington 31t butt stock

remington 31t serial number 3792

remington model 31t