1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 209PSTS Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by craby boy, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

How have the Remington 209 Premier STS primers been working out?I have been using the Winchester 209, and they have become scarce ,but I am going to load a 1 ounce load with these Remington STS, I did not find a listing in the loading manuels for them but the Remington web site Q/A clearly states these are a direct replacement for the Remington 209P.

Thanks

Pete

2. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

I have been using them, and they work fine.

3. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I loaded 5000 last year and they shot fine. No miss fires at all. I did find a few that still had some metal over the flash hole.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Better enjoy those Remington primers if you have some. They're even tougher to find than Winchesters on the East coast!!

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Nothing wrong with the Remington primers, except they are sometimes hard to find and they cost too much. They tend to be a bit on the mild side in some loads, which isn't always a bad thing.

6. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

Thank you for the comments,

Pete

7. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

Great primers no miss fires but impossible to find here in central illinois!

8. PODO

PODO TS Member

just a repeat - great primers but the hardest to find and most expensive in my area of Michigan - TOM

9. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I've had two misfires with Remington primers in the last 30 days.

One with a factory Nitro 27 at the Hartford Gun Club Kaplan Cup, handicap event on May 31st and another two weeks later while practicing at 16 yards with reloads with a recent vintage lot of Rem 209-STS primers.

Prior to that, I've had exactly TWO misfires with Remington Primers in factory loads - one during my first shootoff at the 1981 CT State Shoot when I was 15 years old - with a Blue Magic and 97* primer (factory load) and another a few years later at a late, 1980s Eastern Zone shoot in Elysburg, PA with one of the "green magic" (pre-STS era) shells.

53,000 registered targets and at least ten times that amount non registered with 90% of my ammunition being Remington, factory or reload - good track record until recently.

It seems that when a primer dud occurs, usually the whole lot is suspect-it's not unusual to get many misfires if you get one misfire from a particular lot.

Gun is a Remington 1100 in perfect working condition. Long, straight firing pin and deep, well centered hits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.