1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 121

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scoutman 06, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Aug 28, 2006
    I realize this does not answer your question but I have a Rem. Mdl. 121, Ser.# 17XXX, chambered for .22 Rem. Spec. that has no grooving on the receiver. John
  2. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mendon, Mi
    Fjestad says that the model 121-A was manufactured from 1936 to 1954.

They make no mention of a grooved receiver, nor does the 1953 Shooters Bible and if it was available on that gun in '53 it seems like they would have mentioned it.

I have learned to never say never, but in actuality, and good machinist could cut the grooves.....but then there would be signs of either a touchup bluing job or perhaps a complete reblue.

If I were you......I would keep it.
  3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Check the date code on the left side of the barrel two letters. That will tell you month and year it was made. Even though the 121 was last offered in Remington catalog April 15, 1954 Remington sales records show a few 121 sales in 1956. 188xxx serial number would put your rifle about 1952 or 53. Some Remington 550 models have been observed having grooved receivers starting June of 54. Post the date code on your barrel I will tell you when it was made. If you decide to sell it I may be interested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 121 discussions in forums

remington 121 forum