1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1187 experts needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ccw1911, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Looking at a 1187 sporting clays for sale on the net. Owner says it is factory ported. I'm not aware of the factory ported sporting clays 1187 but know that within the vast knowledge of ts.com someone will know if they in fact ever offered it with factory porting. Haven't seen pics yet so don't know what they look like. thanks Ross

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Yes, I think they came with a nickled receiver.

3. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

Yes, they came ported. I have one that I purchased new. It has a 30 inch barrel that is ported and the receiver is nicad or nickel.

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Wow that didn't take long, thanks so much guys. It helps because the owner thought it was factory but didnt know and it could've been a black and decker job if you know what I mean.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    BTW, the forend and mag tube on the sporting clays model is shorter than the standard 1187. However, any 1187 light contour barrel will fit this model. This is because the barrel hanger is in the standard position. The drawback is if you want a different forend, you're out of luck.

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Thanks Brian I did not know that. Strange situation, so I take it the forend is shorter from the hanger forward?

Reminds me of a 1100 special field I bought back in the 80's only to discover the 21 inch barrel and forend was unique, I hated the English stock so bad I managed to adapt a synthetic pistol grip stock and somehow modified the forend to work. Don't want that hassle again.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The 1100 Special Field forend and stock are exactly the same as a regular 1100.<br>
    <br>
    The 870 Special Field had the barrel hanger moved back and a shortened mag tube, and regular 870 barrels and forends will not fit it.

8. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Brian I bought 2 of the 1100 special fields back in the early 80's with the 21 inch barrel and english grip stock. The forend end was shorter and the barrel hanger moved back. A normal 1100 barrel or forend wouldn't fit. I put a fiberglass buttstock on mine and adapted the fiberglass forend. The other one I sold to a friend who still has his in original condition.

Incidently I saved the original forend and sold it to someone here on ts.com that had been looking for one a couple of years ago.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ross. Say no more. I hve this G3 for you. A beaut of a sporting gun. 28"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In perfect shape and $800 and UPS ground. Buy tthis gun R-man. It is a a dandy and you get first crack.

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I like it, and the sign that says "FREE" in the background puts it in my price range...

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ross.. You're doing so well with your 2000.. why would you change your platform????

12. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Mike, I got talked into a sportsmans team challenge shoot this weekend when they needed someone to fill out a team. I have shot this event many years ago but was woefully unprepared both equipment wise and with my shooting. Anyway I have my only 1100 set up as a back up trap gun and one of the events at the stc is a flurry event that is really a reloading contest where a short open choke auto really works the best. I may be doing some more of these shoots and hate to borrow equipment so I thought I might pick up an auto just in case.

I love my mx and have no plans to shoot anything else for trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.