1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dagnarble, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagnarble

dagnarble TS Member

I put a Jack West synthetic stock on my 1100 trap gun. The synthetic forearm does not have the detent ball and the cap is held with a WAVY WASHER. Trouble is it comes loose after about 20 rounds. Blue loctite was suggested but is there any other solutions out there to keep the washer tight??

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Teflon tape.....The make a special lowbond or weak loctite. I believe it is green? I hate to use loctite on anything you know must come apart on a regular basis.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

pry the indent section off the wood forearm and either expoxy it or screw it on the synthetic forearm. or use the wood forearm and paint it black.
    steve balistreri

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've seen some use an "O" ring to keep it from loosening. Just put one down over the end of the magazine tube against the forearm and tighten the nut down on it.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Geez, for the price is ought to include a detent. That's disappointing.

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Do not use the green loctite, it is close to the red in strength. Teflon tape might work, if not you can replace the magazine cap and spring retainer with the new type, they don't use the detent in the forearm.

Big Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.