1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 will not fire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blowin smoke, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Bought a used (looks like new)20 ga. 1100 (G3) for my 10 yr. old last Christmas. It was a little heavy for him so we just left it in the vault and let him keep shooting a youth 870. Anyway, pulled it out today and went to shoot but when you pull trigger no click - nothing (with safety off). The interesting thing is that when you remove forearm and pull the barrel out about a half an inch or so the trigger will then engage and pressing the trigger will release firing pin like it is supposed to.

I shoot Berettas and don't have much experience with the 1100's. Nothing against them (up until this point) but this was not was obviously not what I was expecting. Any ideas? Hopefully something simple? Thanks.

2. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

3. gunfighter001

gunfighter001 Member

Check your gas rings there more that likely in back wards not letting the barrel seat.

4. overbored

overbored Member

The barrel seal and rings are installed incorrect. The flat goes down the bevel goes down then the rubber. The way they are will not let the bolt close.

Hope this helps

Hugh

5. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Dang, you guys are good! Fast too! Preston and I thank you.

Mike in VA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 not firing

remington 1100 will not fire

remington 1100 wont fire