1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Remington 1100 Trigger Difficulty

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

I've acquired a trigger assembly for a Remington 1100.
    It has been "tuned" to remove trigger creep and to lower the pull weight. It is not new and the craftsman isn't available.

It works FINE outside the gun. Everything snaps into place and it resets perfectly when cocked. I want to use it in my gun.

When I cock the hammer and place the assembly in the receiver, it will fire, but theDISCONNECTOR (on the left side) does not fall all the way down. If I remover the assembly from the gun theDISCONNECTOR remains half way up and down. I can get it to move fully downward by either forcing it down or by pushing down and rearward on the sear spring. I can set the hammer slowly or rapidly and it always seats and that DISCONNECTOR moves all the way down

I've cleaned it well and lubricated. It always works perfectly outside the receiver. I've cleaned the receiver - and other trigger assemblies work okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Larry Frieders |
    Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |
    http://www.grandpasarms.com |
    340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114
  2. hmb

hmb Active Member

Put the new trigger along side another trigger that works in the gun. See if you can see any differences in the part that is binding. HMB
  3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

It just dawned on me that must be the trigger you got from me. It was in the
    gun I bought from one of the guys at my club. He had gotten it from someone else. I never used the trigger because I shoot a release. I'll find out if he
    ever a problem with that trigger and if he knows who did the work on it.
  4. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Without looking at it I would guess that the sear spring is too weak or the trigger mechanism is in a bind. Weak sear springs are nice for trigger pull but they must be strong enough to push the disconnect down. If you think I can be of help just send me a pm.

If dickgtax can find the builder maybe that's your best option. If not I'll be glad to look at it for you.

Mark
  5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Connector and disconnector misaligned? Look at a functioning trigger for correct alignment.
  6. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

Alignment seems fine but I don't have a way to KNOW for sure. I replaced the sear spring with a relatively new factory one. Didn't help the situation. I sent it to friendly gunsmith who will see what he can do. If it works, I'll pay for his service - and advertise it here. If not, I'm only out the postage.

We'll see.

Larry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.