1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surfside6, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

The link( fork ) comes loose while sitting in the case. When shooting the gun everything works correctly. Usually before going to the line I cannot cycle the gun and the link is out of the stock hole. I disassemble and put the link in place and I'm good to shoot 4 rounds of trap. I have a link ordered but was wondering if it could be something else,, Thanks Tom

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Is the spring in the stock at the end of its life or broken?

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Do you remove the barrel to put the gun in the case? If so it is possible the bolt is comming too far forward and letting the link fall out of place.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

"The link is out of the stock hole", The link does not go in a hole in the stock. The two legs of the link are squeezed together and placed in the fitting that is attached to the end of the main spring. HMB

5. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Sounds like one or both of the little "nubbs" on tip of the link is missing. The action spring follower has a lip, that the nubbs on the link fit into, that should not allow the link to come loose. You should not be able to remove the link without slightly compressing the legs, it shoud not come out easily by just pulling it out.

Michael

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Hope you do a follow up and let us know how it turned out.

7. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

I installed a new fork today and the problem seems to be solved. The new fork seems to be a bit wider. Mabey I have bent the link tines in the past as I remove it every time I shoot to clean gun. Thanks for your help, Tom

8. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Examine the action spring follower; they can get beaten out of shape especially if the link tips are missing or damaged. If the action spring follower is aluminum it needs to be changed to a current steel unit. Also, make sure that you do not install the link upside-down; remember that the curve of the link matches the curve of the receiver where it joins the stock. The action spring also may be weak but my guess is that the new link will solve the problem. The link should never come out on its own unless there is a problem.

Doc

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There is no need to remove the link every time you clean the gun. If it ain't broke leave it alone. HMB

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1100's do not benefit from over cleaning. As stated, there is no need to remove the link unless you are sanitizing the inside of the receiver.

The gas ports and the bolt assembly, along with the magazine tube are all that I clean monthly. Once a yeat I do a complete scrub. Avoid lubricants except for the wear surfaces on the slide. Triggers get a spray cleaner and a puff of air, followed by a VERY light mist of lubricant. Taking 1100 triggers apart is hazardous to your mental health.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.