1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Trap-T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SB4J, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB4J

SB4J Member

Your missing a part.. should be 2 rings like the others you have.

2. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

I thought so...but wanted insight from others...just in case..I have just check the web and determined 2 rings...piston and piston seal are standard....

thanks

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    By "silicon ring", you mean the rubber o-ring?

That leaves the metal gas rings.

Late model 1100s and 1187s use a so-called "one piece" gas ring. It's actually two gas rings. They are interlocked together. Be sure to reinstall them with the gaps on opposite sides to prevent pressure bleed off. The flat end goes towards the breech, and the stepped end towards the muzzle.

These can be readily replaced with the older two-piece rings. I've never found a need to do so, but some guns run better with the older rings. I suspect the owners were not paying attention to the gap alignment of the new rings in many cases.

4. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

thanks Brian.....

5. Santo101979

Santo101979 TS Member

My classic trap has the new style just like you found. It doesnt sound like you are missing any parts

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I believe the Trap T's all predated the "combined" two metal rings. You are missing a ring or the two seperate rings were replaced with the 1 combined ring. From the description you gave of the 1 ring, I think you are missing 1. You should be able to tell by looking at your other 1100's.

7. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

It is possible your gun has a new style gas ring as a replacement. It is hard to find the old two piece style rings so when one breaks you must replace with the new style.
    Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.