1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Are there different "types/styles" of this gun? If so, is that determined by what year it was made? Thanks.. Jill

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Yes there are. They are all pretty much the same gun. Some have straight trap stocks and some have monte carlo stocks. Some are graded by how fancy the wood is, they do this with a letter after the 1100, like 1100B. Some have flat ribs and some have step ribs. The barrels are usually 30 inches in length and choked mod., IM, or full. HMB

3. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Thanks for the info. - how do you feel about this gun for someone just starting to shoot trap? Jill

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They also tend to beat the cheeks of many women shooters. Be sure to put the price of a soft comb in your budget!!

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I just took in an older 870 TB trap. Same fit with a bit more recoil. Also a bit lighter than the 1100. You might want to give that a try!!

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

jill- you have a PM- look at the top of the forum page

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that the 870, 1100 and 1187 factory monte carlo and straight comb trap stocks have exactly the same comb height.

The difference is in the buttpad. There is no drop on the straight comb stock, while the butt pad drops on the monte carlo.

It's an optical illusion that the comb is higher on the monte carlo stock.

The straight comb stock works better for those with short necks, while the monte carlo works better for those with longer necks.

8. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Get a shell catcher for singles. It's actually more like a shell trapper. It keeps the shell from fully ejecting. You'll have to let it spit them out if you shoot doubles. That is the only drawback to an autoloader. I shoot with an 1100, ported and forcing cone lengthened - extreemly low recoil.

Just clean it well, and when you clean it spray a little wd40 on the magazine tube and rings and wipe it off. That's all the lube you need except for a drop or 2 of remoil in the trigger assy and reciever where the action slides.

9. furface

furface Member

I have a choice of many different trap guns and I always go back to my 1100 with custom wood. If it didn't make a noise, you could hardly tell that it went off. Light loads with a clean powder makes fror once a day cleaning. Best of luck, Joe

10. maka

maka Member

Instead of WD-40 on magazine tube, Remington make a DRY LUBE. This was made for this application. Own 4 remingtons 1100's great gun. Might be little heavy, depends on your frame size. Try and shoot one. Good luck.

11. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

Some pics of my newly crafted up 1100....Ive been shooting them forever!! For the money you just cannot beat an 1100. I can shoot a 23 with a $5,0000 P gun or my $500.00 "R" gun...lol

Every piece of this gun excpet the Stock (I had that) came from this website or ebay!! Thanks TS.com I have a total of $537.25 in this enitre gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting doubles with a remington 1100 trap gun