1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 1100 trap barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daveship, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveship

daveship Member

i own a 1981 remington 1100 trap with the original step rib barrel with full choke in excellent condition . i have a friend who has a remington 1100 and wants a trap barrel. remington no longer sells this barrel. they do sell a vr 30" barrel with remchoke. do i sell him my barrel and buy the new one for me, or do i keep my barrel and get him the other one?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Keep the step rib. Get him the new barrel.

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Dave,

Keep your 1100 intact! Many people will tell you that vintage step rib 1100 barrels were better made and shoot truer than anything made today. The choke tubes will do little or nothing for you...keep what you have.

Your friend has a couple things to consider:

First...his 1100 may not be a TRAP model. He may have a FIELD gun. He may find that he won't be able to sight the 30" Step barrel (which is a trap barrel) because of the slope of the stock. If that is the case he will need to then replace his FIELD butt stock with a TRAP stock.

Second...Remington made BAZZILLIONS of 1100 and 870 TRAP guns...they were the most effective and popular trap guns ever made. Leo Harrison would probably still be shooting one of his 1100s had they not been stollen.

Because so many were produced 1100 TRAP models are regularly available for sale on this site and step rib barrels are regularly offered for sale at between $150 to $225 depending on condition...but they do sell quickly.

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Keep your gun all original, otherwise you will devalue the gun. If this is a good hard hitting barrel, under no circumstances allow this guy to talk you out of it. Have him buy a new barrel. You can go a lifetime without finding another barrel that you can shoot as good as the one you have. I know many shooters that wore out 1100 receivers but kept their original barrel because it was a great hard hitting barrel.
    Steve Balistreri

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I have several step ribs. Whats one worth to your buddy?

6. archangel

archangel Member

Keep your step rib. My son has one on his 870, I wish I had one for my 1100. --mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.