1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Synthetic w/add a rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SARGE75X, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Well I put her together this AM, hit the pattern board this afternoon and then try her out Tuesday during our League Fun Night. I know, I cant leave anything alone
    [​IMG]

2. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I wonder if that Timney Sear will fit this trigger, its definately different from the old 1100 trigger assembly, but the sear "Might" be the same

3. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

The Pattern board showed a perfect 50/50 pattern at 40 yards with a Full Choke, we shot some clays with a spring loaded back yard thrower, of course with a full at that distance it just crushed them, the gun cycled 7/8 oz, 1 oz and 1 1/8 with no problems, I ran some Handicap loads(22 Gr of Green Dot 1 1/8) thru the gun and noted if you are recoil sensative this is the gun for you, I installed the heavy springs that come with the gun because I know Im shooting games with it Tuesday night and this gun while a bit heavy dosent kick, not anything to worry about anyways, my friend Tim said I could shoot that gun all day long. It also should be noted that there is quite a bit of difference between suggested retail and dealer cost on this gun. Its a definate bargain, to the point I wondered if it was Made in China, LOL.Oh and it dosent need a Timney sear, this trigger is just fine right out of the box, the only thing I would change is the tubes they give you, Skeet, IC,L Mod, Mod and Full, keep the Skeet and IC and give me a IM.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Looks nice.

50/50 pattern? That's what most 1100s do out of the box. Do you have a long neck? I found that 60/40 at a minimum was needed to prevent having to run over the clay with the muzzle.

5. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

How high a rib did you go? Does add a rib cut to custom length? If not what length is the rib. Do feel that the rib adds to much weight? Do you know if add a rib will taper to adjust point of impact? I received a new 1100 competition systematic this last Monday, and want to add a rib. I may have to give add a rib a call! 10tenner

6. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Its a 5/8th Perazzi style, weight, no I bet that rib weighs 2-3 oz at most, when I called he had me measure the rib, this rib was actually for a different 1100 and is 1/4 inch too long but with the extended choke tube you cant tell. the rib isnt tapered and he dosent sell them that way, he said if I wanted a higher poi raise the comb, but I like to stack the beads, but its fine the way it is as far as Im concerned. Brian why do you ask if I have a long neck, if its because of the comb height look how high the rib is. I wish it put up a 60/40 like my Hastings did but I can put a little rib between the beads if I have to, Tuesday night will tell, Killers, Protections, Suzies, Cannons and 5 from the parking lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 competition pattern
add a rib 1100
add a rib for remington 1100
add a rib pictures

add a rib remington 1100

add on rib for 1100 remington trap
adding a rib to reminginton 1100
old 1100 trigger interchange with competition