1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 stock seems loose...Question??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by teleskier, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleskier

teleskier Member

My wife has an 1100 and while cleaning last weekend I noticed the stock seems a bit loose at the but end of the receiver. This may be a stupid question but how do I tighten that up?

Mike

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jack handle works for me.

HM

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Mike, be careful using the big screwdriver......more 1100 stocks have been broken that way than can be counted. If you shoot an 1100, buy a wrench for it from Brownell's. The stock has to be removed every feww thousand rounds to replce the rebound spring anyway; it's something you'll use over and over again and it's not expensive....WAY cheaper than a new stock!!

KenRucker

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Replace the spring every few thousand rounds? Dang ... I'm more than a couple three, four or more rounds overdue for replacing that spring and the gun still shoots as good as the day it was taken out of the box.

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Not replacing the spring regularly (every 8,000 to 10,00 rounds or so ) is hard on both your bolt and receiver. It can also cause cycling problems. Do what you want; it's your gun, but a new $15 spring is pretty cheap insurance.

Ken

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh ... 8 to 10 thousand rounds is 4 or 5 times more than the just a couple thousand you originaly said, glad you cleared that mis-statement of facts up like that.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wrap the blade end of a large screw driver with masking tape. 1/4 in from the end of the blade. Keep wrapping until the end of the screw driver just fits in the hole in the stock. This will act as a pilot and keep the screw driver centered, so you don't crack the stock. HMB

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Lumper....learn to read....I originally said "every FEW thousand rounds"....not a couple of thousand.....

Ken

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ok ... I always thought a "few" always meant a "couple" and that a "couple" meant 2 and that would relate to about 2,000 but I guess I was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to tighten stock on remington 1100

how to tighten the stock on a remington 1100
how to tightenthe stock on a remington 1100

loose stock on remington 1100

remington 1100 loose stock

remington 1100 stock loose

tighten stock 1100 remington
tighten stock on remington 1100