1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Step High Rib Barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Got my 1100 trap t mc stock out after 3 years not shooting it, comparing it to my 870 tb(which i think the LC target barrel screw chokes did'nt come this 870 1973 models ) the 1100 has a tapered high rib barrel 30" mod no special marks or writings on the barrel, it's taller than the 870, at the back looks like little steps going up to the rib this 1100, one of the best patterning barrels on a gun I every had. Shot a 24 with it ,but 2nd round not good. Still to heavy for my heart couldn't swing it fast enough, shot behind targets on round 2. Did they make a similar barrel for the 870 trap and is their a add on rib to make it higher? I thought about a strip of magnet if i could find a piece long enough to put on the rib to raise it.The 1100 fits and shoots better than my 870.The difference in two are the mc stock and high rib.I would like to get the 870 to fit like my 1100 (stock and rib setup).Hopefully I be back up to speed by the end of Sept. Any help?

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

Hi,

yes Remington did also make the step rib barrel for the 870 as well. They generally command a decent price if you can find one for sale and the owner knows what they have.

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Someone told me tonite buy a new used 870 classic would be ahead of the game vs a high rib barrel.Well back to the rubber bands and weights.
    Railroad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
higth rib barrel for remington 1100
remington 1100 high rib barrel

remington 1100 step rib trap barrel