1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Sporting 28 gauge (SPF)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Croixlings, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Croixlings

Croixlings TS Member

0   0   0

For sale is a Remington Model 1100 Sporting 28 gauge with an extra youth stock,
    27" barrel, 2-3/4" chamber, 6.5 lbs, 14" length of pull. Used, but as new. Likely less than a flat of shells through it.

I believe this to be the current model with all the included accessories, manual, and box included. Also included is a youth stock with factory installed Graco adjustable butt plate. This will drop the length LOP very short, probably below 13". To get actual measurements I'd have to mount it on the gun, but I'm not going to do that. The included extended factory choke tubes are Mod, Light Mod, Imp Cyl, and Skeet.

While I was taking pictures I looked it over very carefully and could only find one tiny flaw in the walnut, none in the metal. The wood flaw is a very small scratch at the heal of the stock that continues into the recoil pad. It's so small and hardly worth mentioning, but I include it for completeness.

The exceptional walnut really caught my eye in the showroom. The shop where I bought it used had it out in a glass display case for everyone to see, not back behind the counter. You won't be disappointed. The youth stock was built on a Remington Sporting 28 factory stock with walnut at least as figured as the adult stock. I bought the youth stock separately. It's flawless.

Originally I bought this for my kids to shoot skeet along with me. I found myself spending too much time watching where the hulls were going instead of watching the kids shoot, so I bought them a 20 gauge and quit worrying about the price of used hulls. I have other guns I'm already used to shooting, so I've decided to sell this one.

The price for everything is *SPF* shipped from me to your FFL. If it needs to ship FFL to FFL, let me know and I'll get the actual charges of my guy for you. FTF in Minnesota is fine too. USPS money order is preferred. PM with questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Ken B.

croixlings_2011_1708.jpg

2. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

0   0   0

great coverup on stock????? wow didnt c photo bucket real sweet gun good deal

3. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0

Look in his above title he gives you where to go and see all the pictures in his photobucket.

4. Croixlings

Croixlings TS Member

0   0   0

Questions answered and additional images sent to those who requested them.

Thanks for the help Gary ferrell pointing out the photo link in the ad.

The shotgun is SPF

5. Croixlings

Croixlings TS Member

0   0   0

Price dropped from *SPF*. Still includes the additional stock (an adjustable youth) and shipping to an FFL. Check the Photobucket URL for images.

Ken B

6. la angler

la angler Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

could you measure the length of the youth stock from small end to end of pad adjusted all the way out?thanks,willie robinson

7. Croixlings

Croixlings TS Member

0   0   0

I unscrewed the pad completely, turned it back in four turns, and it measures 13-1/2" from end of the butt pad to the small end of the stock. It will collapse in at least an inch more, maybe 1-1/4"

Coincidently, this youth stock full extension measurement matches the fixed length adult stock measurement (not to be confused with LOP).

Thanks for asking. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like measured or photographed.

Ken B.

8. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

0   0   0

Ken, I'll take the gun if it is still available. PM sent
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
28 ga remington 1100 for sale

28 gauge remington 1100 for sale

rem mod 1100 sporting 28ga