1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 1100 slug barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by duke1966, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1966

duke1966 TS Member

0   0   0

Hi looking for a smooth bore rem choke slug barrel for a Remington 1100 2 3/4in chamber 12ga. gloss finish.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't know your intentions, but I would never recommend a smooth bore barrel if your shooting slugs.

Today's sabot slugs through a rifled barrel are so accurate I can't imagine even thinking of going back to a smooth bore.

Sw

3. duke1966

duke1966 TS Member

0   0   0

Hi i forgot to add rem choke to my post

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Yea todays sabots cost ten to fifteen times as much as rifled slugs too.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Remington 2-3/4" Sluggers are surprisingly accurate from a smoothbore barrel with a mod choke. I'm cutting three inch groups at 100 yards with that setup in an 1187.<br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    <br>
    The two holes you see are Remington Sluggers, from my 1187 smoothbore barrel with a mod choke. I shot this coyote on the run at 20 to 25 yards. He was really moving too. Not a bad group under those conditions, and if the slugs had not been accurate, the shots would have been a lot further apart, or missed completely. Those holes are only the width of my hand apart, about 3.5". (And trapshooting really paid off for being able to swing through and put two slugs into this coyote before he augered in. That's fast shooting if I may toot my own horn.)<br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]

6. StonewallRacing

0   0   0

I've tried several brands of rifled slugs in smooth bore barrels in my Extrema, 1100 & 870 in 12ga and 1100 20ga. and I can't get a group better that 8" in any of them.

With my Hastings rifled barrel on my 1100, I can shoot 1-1/2" to 2"groups at 100 yards using Federal 3" Barnes Expander sabots.

Here's proof.... My son with the 2007 swamp buck.

[​IMG]

One shot, two lungs at 185 yards. And while they are THREE to FOUR TIMES more expensive, shells are the cheapest part of hunting. Especially when you only use one shot!

SW

7. Brian in Oregon

0   0   0

SW, what chokes were you using on your smoothbores?

8. duke1966

duke1966 TS Member

0   0   0

I use mod choke for slugs and x-full for turkey.

9. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

DON'T FORGET THE OTHER OPTION. A REMCHOKED SMOOTH BARREL WITH AN EXTENDED RIFLED CHOKE TUBE. I HAVE ONE AND IT SHOOTS SABOTS AS ACCURATE AS MY SON'S WITH A FULLY RIFLED BARREL. I CAN CHANGE CHOKES/AMMO IN A HEARTBEAT TO A TURKEY EXTRA FULL IF THE NEED ARISES!. VERY FLEXIBLE SET-UP

10. StonewallRacing

0   0   0

I've tried Mod and Full.

I have never been able to shoot shoot those Rem sluggers worth a damn. About 7-8 years ago I had a 70-80 yard shot at a nice buck and it took all five shots to bring it down, the damn thing looked like swiss cheese. One in the gut, one in the neck, one up high on the back, broken front leg and nothing in the wheelhouse. I found that Hastings in the bargain bin at Gander a week later and have not looked back.

SW

11. duke1966

duke1966 TS Member

0   0   0

I get under 3in groups at 100yrds out of my rem 870 wingmaster 12ga with a smooth bore rem choke barrel. And it is great for turkey with x-full choke. If anyone has a smooth bore rem choke barrel for a rem 1100 let me know how much and i will buy it. Looking to set the 1100 up for my son.

12. Brian in Oregon

0   0   0

I had poor results with an extended rifled choke tube. The sabot was stripping over the rifling, thus not turning, and the slugs were keyholing in an 8" group at 100 yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 remington rifled slug barrel

1100remington slug barrel
remington 1100 19 inch barrel smooth bore
remington 1100 slug barrel
remington 1100 slug barrel forum
remington 1100 slug choke
slug through remington 1100
smooth bore barrel for 1100 remington