1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 shell catcher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1290FPS, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

I recently purchased an 1100 Trap gun from Pokerdand that was advertised here on ts.com. I am very pleased with the whole transaction. The gun is in better condition than described & Dan is a great guy to deal with/visit. Here is my question; I broke it down to the "molecular" level to clean it & discovered that the barrel extension has been drilled for a wire shell catcher. Can anyone tell me what the most common type/size of wire is to install for this purpose? Thanks for any assistance.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Check out this thread:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=177251

Guy Babin

3. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

my buddy uses a paper clip

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

music wire that fits into the holes, a little longer than the distance between them.

HM

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Stainless welding rod they use with tig welding works real well, just pick a size that will fit the holes. You can buy one piece at the welding shop and it will make several so you have many spares when you lose them in the grass.

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Most Ace Hardware Stores usually stock music wire . Take your barrel to one (call ahead ) and get the one that best fits .

Charlie

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Piano/Spring wire, .055". It can be had at most hobby shops in sufficient lengths to make enough wires to last for years. Drilling the holes correctly is the first trick. The second is bending the wire properly to stay put and function as intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 1100 shell catcher
remington 1100 trap gun shell catcher

remington 1100 trap shell catcher

remington shell catcher