1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 1100 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ernesto1, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Numerous threads on different web sites refer to a forend support assembly for the Remington 1100. The owners manual identifies this assembly as #48. However, I cannot find a picture in the diagram for a number 48 anywhere.

Does anyone know exactly what this assembly is? It appears that this part may fail at some point and would need to be replaced, repaired or whatever.

Thanks to all. Darryl

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Put a dab of grease where the top of the forend support sits wedged against the flat, bottom part of the barrel, beneath the chamber area. Keep your mag cap tight. They are about $10.00 from Brownells

Wayne

[​IMG]

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

look right in front of the receiver

4. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thanks for the info and showing exactly what this part is. Is it located in the forearm? When the time comes for replacement does it just snap out?

Thanks again Wayneo.

5. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thanks Cy-Kick. For some reason that pictures is missing from my original owner's manual. Does it clip into the receiver?

6. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

It snaps onto the two rails of part no. 1 in the above schematic. It takes a little coaxing to get it on, but it is not a hard job.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I just replaced a broken one this AM.

Pry off the old one. I used a flat head screwdriver. The new one will slip on from the end. You sure have to force it a bit, but not to much.

8. vatrap

vatrap Member

I just replaced a couple that had broken during the summer.

The Remington part number is REMG PRT2210, they are $5.85 each on the Remington website.

[​IMG]

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 forend parts

remington 1100 forend support broken