1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 or Browning XT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Travioli, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I recently bought a new Brwoning XT but I am not sure if I want to get rid of ole reliable (remington 1100) well maybe I should. The link in the remington broke a few months ago and I have not been able to shot it good at all. My average has gone from 95% to 85% I know this is all in my head but tonight I shot at one house with my remington and had a 17 out of 25. I switched to the Browning and had a 22. Is this all in my head or could the remington be ready for retirement? I really think it is in my head but cannot shake this little gremlin. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Travis

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds more like the XT fits you a bit better than the Remington. Have you had a weight change since you shot better scores with the 1100?<br>
    <br>
    If the link breaking spooks you, what are you gunna do if the XT breaks? Buy a P or K gun?

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

It's all depending if you can bend over to pick hulls. For trap my 870 is great. Skeet ,Sporting clays I don't. I'm looking at a over under sometime this year for that reason. If not for back problems my 1100 would be great. Good Luck.
    Neal

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I run an 1100 rescue program. I will take that 1100 off your hands and not charge you a dime. :)

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Duckman ... you give us true Remington Social Workers a very bad rap when you try and take a memorable old friend from someone and not even offer to take a dime for it ... it is just like telling that nasty street walker she aint worth a plug nickle.

Please know Travis that I would be more than happy to offer you close to fair market day dream value for that 1100 and I will even split half of the shipping charges with you as long as the other 1/2 is paid in full by somebody else.

BTW ... what would be considered fair market for a faulty gun that wont break targets?

6. JLW

JLW TS Member

Travioli-I am in the market for an 1100 as a backup gun but, it needs to be a trap model.-Jerald

7. 682b

682b Member

Travis don't do it. Don't sell the old girl off. The link is $10.00 and a 20 minute fix and that includes cleaning the trigger assembly and the installation of the link. Here is a great tutorial for the 1100 owner. I am sure there are others especially Kuhnhausen's book but this is the one I regularly refer to Great Pictures. http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?s=e73b2b264a927704c5d51a34abd706bb&t=70691&page=2
    This link jumps into the disassembly and includes the link. It should be obvious that the 1100 has a great following just by the posts above . They either want it for nothing or a give away price.
    Brian said it best .You could buy a P or K gun.

8. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

No the old girl is not for sale....I am going to give it a few more weeks and try to block the gremlins in my head so I can shoot her again.

Bigboy....thanks for the link when i have some time this weekend I am goingto lookat it. Hopefully it will show me how to replace the bolt handle.

Thanks,

Travis

9. 682b

682b Member

Travis , the operating handle just pulls out. It is held by a detent ball and spring. Just pull it out and when you are ready to install it push it in . The handle is held in by a ball and spring, Don't worry I have never had one (ball or spring) come out un expectantly.

10. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Bigboy,

11. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Bigboy,

12. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Bigboy,

13. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Bigboy,
    Whenthe link broke I do not realize it at the time so in order to get the gun open someone on the line suggested I hit it by the bolt handle to open the action up. Well when I did this I broke off the handle. The guy that fixed the gun for me did agreat job but when I was shooting it probably about a week or two after I got the gun back the handle fell out I luckily found the handle. The bolt seems very sloppy now since that handleis not in there.....is this common....for instance I was scrubbing down the gun last night and I closed the action and the bolt jumped forward and I could not push it back open atleast not until I jiggled the bolt a little bit and basically realigned it then I was able to open it up again. I open back up by sliding the slide assembly.? when the gun is apart. I just ordered a new 1100 today though but would like to get the old one runing smoothly but like i said in my previous posts....it is either a gremlin on my back or there is soemthing definetly different with the gun.

Travis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.