1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Mag Tube Buldge???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Silverhawk, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

So I've been shooting my 1100 a good bit this weekend and figured I would wipe it down prior to going back in the case. When I ran a rag down the Mag tube i felt a slight buldge on the bottom of the tube. If you hold the gun with the bottom of the reciever facing you (Mag tube up) the buldge is on the lower right side of the tube about an inch up from the reciever. You cant see it but you can feel it when wiping the tube. It has caused a slight wear mark or the tube from the action and that mark is like a reverse "J". Has anyone seen this before and what caused it? I have a shoot coming up on June the 4th that I would like to use the gun however I dont want to trash it. Any help would be great.

2. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

3. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

I should add that I was shooting Remington Gun Clubs and some Federal shells from Wally World. The gun is a 2 3/4 gun.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the gun functions OK. Keep it lubed and it shouldn't be a problem. HMB

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You might be able to get a gunsmith to hammer that out for you.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Maybe he can get Thor to fix it. Fix it with a hammer, you must be kidding. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.