1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Lubrication

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tripod, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

mine works to 500 rounds with anything. some clean up better than others.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

LPS was good stuff, they had a chain lube that went on wet and when it had penetrated into the pins and rollers it congealed into a light grease.

We got double the chain life ith that product. This was before the chains with O-rings.

As far as the 1100 goes mine almost never quits, as said here some are different tham others.

HM

3. pb

pb TS Member

I use CLP on the mag-tube but what do people do with the slide rails? Do you use CLP or grease?

Thanks for any info,

Jon

4. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

I use silicone on the inside and outside of the mag tube. It dries to the touch, doesn't pick up dirt or grit, and helps make cleaning easy. CLP or Rem-oil on the moving parts and slide rails. I clean every 1500 rounds or so.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Not sure if this helps, I had several cycling issues with my browning gold with light loads. found a lot of gummed up crap in action spring tube. cleaned and lightly lubed no issues. 1500 rounds gets a total cleaning. have ya checked the action tube/spring. My dad used hoppes and rem oil as do i.

6. TomB

TomB Member

Gentlemen.....I have been using a 1100 for 44yrs. I found that if you let the gas tube DRY and only lube the action bars and the bolt return piston/spring that goes in & out of the stock, it will cycle for thousands of rounds correctly.......TomB

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Was having problems with light loads on my browning, even after going through wet dry lube of piston area, I found that it was more of the gummed up action spring/tube that runs up into the stock. My brother bought a surecycle tube/spring kit for his 1100 which had cold weather cycle iisues. 1100 works fine now. I personally see a lot of people over lube. PS my birchwood casey doesnt hold rounds over 1250fps

8. halfmile

rogertc:

correct. We even heated the engine oil on the stove, so we could start the Triumph and have a New Year's day ride at -10 F. Never did that again, seat was like a plank. Almost didn't make it back, the bike sat out while we ingested a little anti freeze, and had to be pushed to start it.

that was in 1959.

HM

9. halfmile

The Prince of Darkness, Jos. A. Lucas. The only thing he made worth a damn was the magneto, they kept going. the rest of the stuff fell off the bike in bits and pieces.

Those were the days.

HM

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

May i ask what your light loads are running. Also what model do you have for the 1100. Im thinking of a project gun 1100. will be buying older model 2 3/4 chamber with 30" barrel full choke this gun was bought new in 82. I dont want to have same issues. I went to try out my brothers 1100 but its a 3" magnum chamber so i didnt bother.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thanks roger, the only auto i have right now is the browning gold sporting clays. With the light gas cylender installed made for 1 1/8 or less load doesnt cycle well with anything under 1180fps. Ive got 2 1100 in the works 1 is even older but has a extra barrel. other is the 1982 model I gave that one a good look over and may pass. been in storage for some time out side looks ok. removed trigger group to find more rust than i would care to deal with. Trigger group is not part of the project budget. Talking with another gent at the club, hes been useing engine a engine oil treatment lube with good results, the name exscapes me right now.

12. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Member

I've tried a lot of different lubricants from 3 in 1 to ATF to various gun oils. I do think the most auto loaders work best dry, but I'm like most and like a lube on friction parts. I have found that Clenzoil to be the best they ay ist used by the Navy Seals. Don't need a lot either.

Also make sure that the sleeve that attaches to the barrel where the little port holes are located is squeeky clean. Take A nipple type brush and scrub it clean so the piston rings dont stick.

13. map@neo

map@neo Member

Attn: rogertc
    Please tell me where I can purchase this "wonder" lube.
    Thank you.
    Mike

14. skeetking

skeetking Banned User Banned

Hello Gang,
    What chain store carries this LPS Anti-Sieze?
    Thanks,
    Larry

15. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Ah, nothing like being on a carrier with a F/14 sitting on the flight deck. The deflector comes up, and the afterburners kick in. All the windows on the bridge rattle with anticipation. The rumble can be felt deep in your chest. Then away she goes!

As for my 1100, I'm too new to trap/skeet shooting to offer any advice. I've only used it for dove hunting, about three centuries ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 remington lubrication
do i oil my remington 1100
ingested remington lube
lubricant for remington 1100
lubricating a remington 1100
oil for remington 1100

remington 1100 lubrication

remington 1100 lubrication points