1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 LT 20GA.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SShooterZ, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I'd guess in the $500 range...

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Great gun, and hard to find in the original series from 1977 to the mid 1980s! I've never known the LT-20 to come with a monte carlo stock, however.

Surfing gun broker and gunsamerica.com, there are darn few, LT-20s for sale,
    (if you exclude the current generation ones).

I bought one for my wife, who is still new to trapshooting and I have to admit, the 1100 LT-20 is probably the BEST shotgun for first time learners; small statured shooters for trap, skeet or sporting clays(and a great companion for upland bird/small game hunting or even deer with the appropriate slug barrel) Taking affield, the LT-20 is a dream to carry all day and sacrifices almost nothing in practical performance in most hunting applications to its larger and heavier 12 ga framed big brother.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Dan; I have been told that the Rem. model 7400 or 7600 rifle buttstocks will fit on the LT-20 frame. Perhaps that is where the Monte Carlo type stock with a sling attachment came from. I have one also and like Steve's comments, its a great little gun, especially for older bird hunters and higher altitudes. Good luck with it. Bill H.

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

The "LW" dated back to about 1974 and the LT-20 first appeared in 1977.

The LW has the short barrel extension. Many of them end w/ an "X" or "K" I am told.

Interestingly, the LT-20 I have ends with a "K", was built in 1981 according to Remington and like all modern LT-20s, has the long barrel extension and the lowered ejection port with that "flange" like appearance toward the front of the cut out in the receiver.

When discussing 1100s in 20 ga, especially when searching for barrels, it is important to know which of the three styles you have: there was the Standard, which was simply a 20 ga built on a 12 ga receiver from the 1960s through about 1976; the "Lightweight" LW which was run for about three years from 1974 to 1977 and the LT-20 - 1977- present, which is the most numerous of the 1100s in 20 ga. Remember, they all take different barrels! (and current generation 1100s all use the 11-87 extractor; older ones use the 870 extractor)

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The date is on the barrel. Go to the Remington website.

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

You can't always trust the barrel codes as many guns had barrels changed/swapped over the years.

Call Remington directly at 1-800-243-9700; and read off the serial # to the service rep. You'll get the year of manufacture in a minute.

7. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I sent in the serial number of my 870 and they (Remington) got back to me with the info on it that it was build sometime in 1971. Just send in the serial number of the gun. They will get as close to it's build date as they can.
    Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 20 ga lt for sale

remington 1100 20 gauge lt with slug barrel

remington 1100 lt forum

remington 1100 lt-20

remington 1100 slug barrel mid 1980