1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 issue

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by msmith, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith

msmith Member

Hello, have a problem with my sons 1100. Gun has seen many rounds. The gun will sometimes not shoot when pulling the trigger. When it does fire it will cycle the next round but will not fire when trigger is pulled. I cleaned the gun, switched triggers, switched to old style rings and still the miss fire. Any possible solutions? Thanks, Mike

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Change o ring, clean gas ports in barrel, and spray magazine tube with Break Free. HMB

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Broken firing pin spring-it's inside the bolt!!

4. msmith

msmith Member

Thanks, I will check out the firing pin spring. I know the firing pin is not broke. I did change the O-ring and lubed the magazine tube and still had the same results.

5. Indydrew1

Indydrew1 Member

While you are in there changing springs, you might as well swap the firing pin too if it has "a lot of rounds through it"...it's probably $8.00 or so very well spent. :)

Hope this fixes it,

-Drew

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

On the next malfunction check to see it the bolt is going completely into battery. The recoil/return spring that is located in the stock may be weak and not returning the bolt completely into battery. You'll have to pull the stock to get to the spring. Either stretch the spring back above 15" or, as I suggest, buy a new one. I get them from Brownell's. Keep a spare around.

I've been shooting 1100's in competition for 30 years, and don't shoot anything else these days.

Kip

7. hybrid

hybrid Member

One other thing to check is the plastic bolt buffer that srrounds the head of the firing pin. I have had themcrack or fail which produced a similar issue. The new ones I got needed to be pre drilled but an easy fix
    Good luck John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 firing pin problem