1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 In-Stock Recoil Reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HotRodA10, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I'm looking for information on a mercury recoil reducer that will fit into the stock of a Remington 1100. I know... the 1100 is one of the softest recoiling auto's out there, but I'm trying to set it up for my fiance'. If anyone knows of someone that makes this type of recoil reducer that will fit onto the stock bolt, etc., and will not require modification to the stock, I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Rod

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

C&H makes one that will screw onto bolts or they can be shimmed into the stock bolt hole. I've never used them on an autoloader but don't see why they won't work. Jackie B.

3. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Thank you for your reply. I've looked at those and they are pretty long...4-5" depending on the weight you want. The problem is, the large part of the stock bolt hole in the 1100 is only about 2 3/4" deep. I would have to ream out an additional 1 1/2 -2 " to get one of those to fit. I might end up having to do that but I'm wondering if there will be enough room after it is threaded on for the stock bolt to fit on top of it.

Rod

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

There's not room for one in the "stock bolt" hole on an 1100. You will have to drill a new hole for it . Or you could just get one of my Auto-Buster recoil systems installed......

Ken Rucker

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

There's not room for one in the "stock bolt" hole on an 1100. You will have to drill a new hole for it . Or you could just get one of my Auto-Buster recoil systems installed......

Ken Rucker

6. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Rod, C&H makes one that fits in the magazine tube for autoloaders and pumps. The problem you will find with any C&H is it works off a murcery chamber and adds 9 to 11 onces to the gun. Since your fitting this up for your Fiance' you may consider th 3/4" system mounted in the butt stock as an alternative. I have a Bi-Centenial 1100 with a soft touch stock ... that's the ultamate in no recoil. Don

7. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I plan on installing the magazine tube system, and an forend cap weight as well. I wanted to add weight to the stock to help balance it out so I figured if I'm adding weight to the stock, I might as well add something that will reduce recoil as well.

Rod

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

You could drill another hole above the stock bolt hole like Remington did for their old tournament skeet guns. You can make it as deep as you want to put the mercury reducer of your choice. FWIW. JM

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

HOTRODA10, she won't like it, will be too Bbl heavy in the front.

Drill stock and install weight or reducer.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Again, thank you for your replies. I contacted Gracoil and evidently they take the mecury stock weight that is designed for the Beretta auto, and drill out and tap the hole so it will thread onto the Remington 1100 stock bolt, and still leave enough room for the original stock bolt nut. There are no modifications required for the user. The weight ends up being 5-6 ounces after they are finished with it. I went ahead and ordered one of these along with a magazine end cap counter-weight. They gave me a great deal as they sell these two items as a package. I think this will be just the ticket.

Rod

11. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Rod,

If your would, please keep us up on how this works out for your girl.

thanks,
    Kip

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can save yourself some money by casting lead cylinders and placing one in the front of the magazine tube and one in the stock. You can use a spade drill and a 2X4 to make the mould. It's the weight that reduces the recoil. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mercury systems for semi-auto
recoil reducing stocks for remington 1100
recoil reduction systems for remington 1100

remington 1100 recoil reducer

remington 1100 recoil reducing stock
remington 1100 recoil reducing stocks
remington 1100 recoil reduction stock
remington mercury recoil reducer